Family Health Services (FHS)
Family Health Services (FHS), formerly known as PSI Malawi, has partnered with the government of Malawi through the Ministry of Health (MoH) since 1994 in safeguarding the health of Malawians by using private sector approaches to reconfigure healthcare delivery – (i) through directly delivering innovative social and behaviour change communications, social marketing, and social franchising across a wide range of health areas including Reproductive Health, HIV, Malaria and water-borne disease prevention (ii) by playing a market facilitation role, approaching market challenges and opportunities with a system-wide lens that unlocks a self-sustaining market with multiple players that can prioritize, adapt and ultimately thrive without external assistance and funds.
While a local organisation with deep roots in Malawi, Family Health Services is globally connected; mainly through affiliation to Population Service International (PSI), a Washington DC-based non-governmental and non-profit making organization that boasts a global network of members across over 50 countries through which FHS continues to leverage capacities, learnings, and best practice to enhance activities in Malawi. To accomplish its mission, FHS is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant post of Temporary Office Assistant.
Reporting to the , the Administration Coordinator Ensures that the interior part of the offices are clean and smart, making sure that offices and corridors are cleaned regularly; that washrooms are always tidy and well stocked with sundries; providing messenger services from one office to another; ensuring that office supplies are always available; assisting with front office activities like management of switch board; messages, incoming and outgoing mail and taking care of visitors. Specifically, he/she will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures that the interior part of the offices are clean and smart, making sure that offices and corridors are cleaned regularly
- Ensuring that washrooms are always tidy and well stocked with sundries
- Providing messengerial services from one office to another, ensuring that internal mail moves from one office to another until fully approved/signed, making sure that documents do not get lost
- Ensuring that office supplies are always available by estimating the office needs fora defined period and facilitating the process of acquisition and managing usage
- Assisting with front office activities like management of switch board; messages, incoming and outgoing mail and taking care of visitors
- Assist in preparations for meetings by ensuring that booked conference rooms are ready for such meetings ensuring that all requirements for a successful meeting (teas and refreshments, writing materials, flip charts as may be requested by the organizers) are in place
- Able to work under minimum supervision and cope with pressure
- Good team player and able to use own initiative
- High level of confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills, humble and objective
- Hard working motivated and committed person.
- Proactive self-starter with personal responsibility and ownership of work
- Computer literate
Qualifications, knowledge, abilities, and skills.
- MCSE with a background in front Office Management
- At least 2years working experience
- Good Oral and Communication Skills in English
Method Of Application
Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their electronic application letters and updated CVs with names and contact details of three traceable referees, through: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job title, ‘TEMPORARY OFFICE ASSISTANT’ in the email subject line by 29th January, 2024.
Family Health Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy or related medical conditions. Family Health Services maintains zero tolerance for child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitative acts or threats by our employees, consultants, volunteers, contractors, or anyone associated with the delivery of our programs and services and
takes seriously all complaints of misconduct brought to our attention.
Family Health Service has become aware of scams involving false job offers. Please be advised: Family Health Services will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process. All active jobs are advertised directly in the newspapers or on vetted career websites. Official FHS emails will always arrive from a @fhs.org email address.
If you are suspicious of anything, please report through email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org; or write a letter to Tip-Offs anonymous, P.O. Box 1726, Blantyre; or call/send SMS using Airtel/TNM/Access to 847