Last Mile Health
This position was posted on May 5, 2023. While we review all applications on a rolling basis, please note that we will prioritize applications received within the first two weeks of the posting. Thank you.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health, we make bold commitments that inspire innovation. Do you have demonstrable experience and expertise in designing, developing, troubleshooting, enhancing and documenting software applications? If so, you may be our next Software Developer
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Digital Health, the Software Developer will work with the Malawi Country Team, the Malawi Program Director, and the Global Digital Health team, to provide technical support to Malawi’s Ministry of Health and University of Malawi (UNIMA) in the design, development, and deployment of the Integrated Community Health Information Systems (iCHIS).
This position is based in Lilongwe, Malawi and only open to candidates who are Malawian currently located in Lilongwe, Malawi. It will be hired on a 4-month fixed-term contract with potential for renewal.
- Commitment – 4 months at 40 hours per week
- Start date – May, 2023
- Location –Lilongwe, Malawi
- Remuneration- $3,467.9 USD per month
What You’ll Do
Design and Development of iCHIS modules
- Work alongside the Community Health Services Section, Digital Health Division and University of Malawi to design and develop iCHIS modules.
- Assess technical feasibility of user requirements, develop user specifications and system architecture documents
- Work with Digital Health Division and University of Malawi to improve the user interface and user interactiveness of iCHIS
- Write automated tests to ensure that all iCHIS use cases and user stories are adequately covered before iCHIS deployment
- Working with Digital Health Division and University of Malawi to design and develop interactive iCHIS dashboard at district and national level
- Work with DHD and UNIMA to document iCHIS module development.
- Model client workflows and processes for iCHIS modules
- Adhere to timelines, deliverables and set standards for iCHIS module development
- Ensure high level system performance, availability, sustainability and security
- As needed, support DHD and CHSS to deploy, maintain and improve iCHIS.
Program Support and Coordination
- Alongside the Senior Manager- Digital Health provide support to MOH and existing partners in the development of iCHIS related policies and strategies.
- Participate in MOH meetings, technical working groups and other partnership engagements meetings alongside senior program leadership team members.
- Other activities as assigned by the Senior Manager -Digital Health, Director of Programs or the Country Director
What You’ll Bring
- Demonstrable experience and expertise in designing, developing, troubleshooting, enhancing and documenting software applications
- Proficient in database management, data modeling, query tuning and optimization.
- Experience with DevOps technologies such as Docker (deployment) Jenkins/CircleCI (Continuous Integration) Zero MQ (Messaging) and Nginx (Load Balancing)
- Knowledge of District Health Information System version2 configuration and implementation.
- Understanding of the Malawi DH ecosystem.
- Experience in user interface and user interaction design, software design, development and implementation for healthcare delivery application, Android mobile programming knowledge as well as familiarity with agile development methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information systems, Information Technology, Mathematical Sciences, Informatics and/or medical informatics.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world’s most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and currently works in Liberia, Malawi, Ethiopia, Uganda, and Sierra Leone with US offices in Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit lastmilehealth.applytojob.com.