ACADEMIC STAFF VACANCY
The Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) invite
applications from suitably qualified candidates to be considered for various academic positions tenable at its Bunda College.
Vacancy #1: Staff Associate/Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in Biochemistry
- Minimum of a MSc in Biochemistry or Chemistry majoring in organic chemistry or related subjects obtained from a recognized university.
Vacancy #2: Staff Associate/Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in Computer Studies
- Minimum of a MSc in Computer Science majoring in Computer programing or Database management obtained from a recognized university.
1. OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Candidates applying for the post of Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor/ Professor
must show proof of publications in recognized peer reviewed journals.
Candidates should also have at least 3 years’ experience preferably in teaching
2. KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. TEACHING AND LEARNING
- Develop and review teaching and learning materials.
- Carry out curriculum development and reviews.
- Deliver lectures, seminars and tutorials.
- Assess students’ performance.
B. RESEARCH, CONSULTANCY AND OUTREACH
- Engage in research leading to publication and policy development in the area of specialization.
- Establish professional networking.
- Contributes to specialized research groups.
- Supervise both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
C. RESOURCE MOBILIZATION
- Develop and submit grant proposals for research and consultancy.
- Manage research projects.
- Conduct short courses.
D. GOVERNANCE AND MANAGEMENT
- Participate in meetings and other administrative duties as assigned.
3. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENGAGEMENT
All the successful candidates will be engaged on an initial 2 years contract before they can be considered for permanent appointment basing on satisfactory performance.
4. Method Of Application
i. Hard Copy Submissions
Hard copy application package should include an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV), names and contact details of three traceable referees one of which should be current employer where applicable plus copies of academic and professional qualifications. The title of the position must be indicated on the envelope and sent to:
The University Registrar
Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources(LUANAR)
P.O. Box 219
ii. Electronic Copy Submission
Submission of the hard copy MUST be accompanied by full electronic submission
of the application package and be emailed as attachment in PDF to email@example.com. The subject line for the email should be application for the post being applied for.
5. Closing date: All applications should reach the University not later than Friday, 12 th May, 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org