Open Arms Infant Home (OAIH)
Job Vacancy: Manager of Open Arms Infant Home (OAIH)
OAIH operates infant homes, foster homes, outreach programmes (child sponsorship, agricultural starter packs), feeding stations and nursery schools, educational sponsorship and collaboratively work with some
Malawi schools. Community based childcare model is a new strategy OAIH will be embarking on. OAIH is funded through local fundraising activities, Open Arms Malawi (OAM) UK chapter and various international
philanthropic individuals and organisations.
Nature of Job
- To manage personnel, finances and the running of activities by OAIH.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to guide current and future activities of OAIH
- Plan and implement Community based childcare programmes.
- Develop fund raising activities to generate income for OAIH
- Preparation of monthly and annual running budgets for OAIH in conjunction with the OAIH Chair
- Develop and implement the necessary corporate governance procedures
- Reporting monthly financial reports through the OAIH Chair to OAM UK board.
Qualification and Experience
- Any of the following degrees from reputable universities: Bachelor of Commerce, BA Humanities, BA Social Science/Community Care and other relevant degrees.
- Five-year work experience
- Work experience in NGOs with community based programmes will be an added advantage.
Application deadline: Wednesday 10th May 2023.
Method Of Application
Applications including detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and names and emails of three traceable referees should be submitted to:
P.O. Box 509
Emails: James.email@example.com; Jmallewa@kuhes.ac.mw