Malawi Gaming and Lotteries Authority (MAGLA)
ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE POSITION OF LEGAL SERVICES MANAGER
Position : Legal Services Manager
Grade : MAGLA 3
The Malawi Gaming and Lotteries Authority (MAGLA) is established under Section 3 of the Gaming and Lotteries Act (2022).MAGLA is the principal agency for the regulation of betting, gaming and lotteries in Malawi.
MAGLA is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position currently existing within the organisation:
Position : Legal Services Manager (1 Position)
Grade : MAGLA 3
Reporting to : Director of Legal Services/Company Secretary
Purpose of the Job
To provide legal support, litigation and advisory services to the organisation and ensure compliance with legal and regulatory framework of all licencees.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and coordinate all legal services being undertaken on behalf of MAGLA by both in-house and external Counsel.
- Conduct civil and criminal litigation on behalf of MAGLA.
- Represent MAGLA at arbitration hearings before quasi-judicial bodies.
- Coordinate the complaints-handling system relating to licensees.
- Provide legal support in drafting and vetting of agreements, MoUs, policies, and contracts for MAGLA.
- Conduct awareness to all stakeholders on all regulatory and compliance issues.
- Provide legal advice and opinion on legal and regulatory issues affecting MAGLA.
- Set up systems to ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
- Participate in the negotiation of contracts on behalf of MAGLA.
- Prepare periodic reports.
Attributes and competencies
- Impeccable skills in Microsoft office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Effective verbal and written communication abilities
- The ability to manage time effectively in a high-pressure setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good Analytical Skills
- Critical-thinking and assertiveness abilities
- Detail-oriented personality
- The ability to operate effectively both independently and as part of a team
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from an accredited institution.
- Master’s Degree in Law from an accredited institution shall be an added advantage.
- Possession of a valid practicing License
- Applicant must have 5 years’ experience as a legal practitioner.
Method Of Application
Interested applicants should submit their applications including a detailed Curriculum Vitae and three (3) names of traceable referees by 19th May 2023 to:
The Director General,
Malawi Gaming and Lotteries Authority,
P.O. Box 3062,
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org