VisionFund Malawi is a Christian owner-operated mission-driven deposit taking microfinance network working with caregivers in hard to reach, impoverished locations so they can create secure futures for their children. Inspired by Christian values, we are dedicated to working with the most vulnerable families and communities regardless of religion, race, ethnicity gender, to create lasting change in their lives.
VisionFund Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
Location: Head Office, Lilongwe.
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the incumbent will ascertain compliance of operations with VisionFund Malawi policies and procedures as well as with existing national laws, rules and regulations by conducting audit of branches and head office. The incumbent will be responsible for reviewing and evaluating the internal control and accounting systems of branches and head
office, and recommending corrections, improvements and compliance.
- Participate in developing and preparing the Risk Based Annual Audit Plan that outlines the
activities to be undertaken by the Internal Audit Department during the year.
- Develop Audit Engagement Plan before conducting any assignment.
- Perform Audit work in accordance with the approved audit manual and international professional standards.
- Carry out the procedures outlined in the internal audit plan under the supervision of supervisor.
- Carry out independent assessment of the application and compliance with the established
company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Review, appraise and advise accordingly the soundness, adequacy and efficiency of accounting,
financial, business operations process, ICT, HR and other internal controls and detect irregularities and illegal acts.
- Perform operational reviews and appraisals on the cost effectiveness and efficiency with which
company resources are employed in all VFM business processes.
- Review and advise the degree of compliance of VFM business to its internal policy and procedures as well as VFI policies.
- Perform audits of the VFM’s liabilities and ascertain that they are accurate and genuine.
- Provide investigative services, as the need arises, and if possible, recommend changes on
policies and procedures arising from the case(s) investigated in order to strengthen the VFM’s
internal control management system.
- Perform client visits during branch audit.
- Ensure all working papers are completed and in order – initialed, cross-referenced, dated, work
descriptions and clearance.
- Write summary of audit results and conduct the exit discussion with the Auditees.
- Publish reports within the standards set in the Audit Manual.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Internal Audit, Finance, Administration or Computer Science.
- 1- 5 years professional experience in auditing or risk management.
- Experience in IT Audit will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of microfinance and/ or banking operations.
- Excellent Computer skills and Microsoft office applications.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel within the country up to 70% of the time.
Method Of Application
Interested candidates should send their applications together with their detailed Curriculum Vitae, three traceable referees and copies of certificates to:
The People, Culture & Administration Manager,
Private Bag A232, LILONGWE
Closing date for receiving applications is 23rd January, 2024.
VisionFund Malawi does not use agents, nor solicit any form of payments for any application, training, interviewing, testing or any fees in connection with this recruitment. Report any acts of solicitation for payment and/or extortion to VisionFund Malawi on the following; Tip offs Toll Lines: 0884621623