Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO)
Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a locally registered non-governmental organization (NGO) established in 1995 to complement Government’s efforts in in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health related issues.
MACRO’s Vision is “Malawi populace free of ill-Health” and its Mission is “Transform lives of Malawians through provision of high quality HIV and AIDS, and other health related services”.
With funding from CDC, MACRO is implementing the IMPACT Project whose purpose is: To strengthen effective measures to address unmet needs for HTS among men and KP/PP and HIV services for KP in CDC supported districts towards the attainment of 95-95-95 goals.
Therefore, MACRO is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Role: HIV Diagnostic Assistant Supervisor
Location: Blantyre and Lilongwe
The HIV Diagnostic Assistant Supervisor provides supervision of HIV Testing services including HIVST kit distribution, conventional HIV testing and index testing through mentorship of HDAs and ensuring maintenance of quality standards by providers. She/he works under close guidance and support from the HTS officer to ensure quality assurance activities are being followed in the implementation of quality HIV testing services in the community and linkages between HIV testing services and prevention, care and treatment services.
- The HIV Diagnostic Assistant Supervisor must have completed the nationally recognized HTS Supervision Course and should demonstrate competence consistent with the HIV Testing and Counselling guidelines and the HIVST guidelines by Ministry of Health.
- Designing a supervisory plan and schedule for supervisory sessions with HIV Diagnostic Assistants.
- Sets individual performance objectives with the HIV Diagnostic Assistants so that they know what is expected of them.
- Conducts mentorship visits including sit-in observations to assess competencies of HIV Diagnostic Assistants and whether or not clients’ needs are met and timely give feedback.
- Promotes a spirit of team work among HIV Diagnostic Assistants, facility implementing partners and enhances a sense of individual responsibility and commitment for the provision of quality HIV Counselling and testing services to all clients.
- Must hold a minimum of certificate in clinical medicine, nursing, laboratory/Biomedical sciences and public health. Those with Diploma will have an added advantage.
- Must have successfully completed both the National HIV Testing and Counseling and the National HIV Self-Test Distribution courses as evidenced by possessing both certificates. Those trained in integrated testing services (skills intensive) have added advantage
- Must have successfully completed the National HIV Testing and Counseling Supervision course as evidenced by possessing certificates.
- Must have a valid Motorcycle rider license.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in the health sector programs with focus on HIV testing and HIVST distribution; community based HTS is an added advantage.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work with HIV priority and key populations
- Should have sound understanding of HIV/HTS services including understanding of the health sector policies and program frameworks pertaining to HIV/HTS.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in English and Chichewa.
- Demonstrated experience working with NGOs/CBO’s in implementing donor funded projects.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate with variety of coordinators including District level managers, technical assistance, NGOs and community level-based organizations and expert clients.
- Need to be familiar with Malawian culture and Health Systems,
- Past record of working effectively in multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary, multi-organizational team environment
- Working literacy in Word, Excel, power point and Email (Outlook).
- Motivated, passionate, and hard working.
Method Of Application
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three traceable referees to The Executive Director, Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday, 31 May, 2023. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com