Foundation for International Community Assistance (FINCA Malawi)
About the Business
FINCA Limited (Malawi), a subsidiary of FINCA Impact Finance (FIF), is a deposit taking micro finance institution in Malawi operating through 22 (twenty-two) service outlets serving borrowers and savers in rural, urban, and peri-urban areas in Malawi.
FINCA Limited (Malawi) is increasing access to its services and products through alternate channels.
About the Role
Location: Head Office, Blantyre
The Head of Mobile and Digital Business leads a team responsible for mobile financial services, agent commercialization and development of new mass retail financial services through a combination of technological innovations with non-branch channels, which primarily consists of mobile phone and retail agent outlets.
- Mobile Financial Services.
- Agent Commercialization.
- Development of new Mobile and Retail Financial Services.
About the Candidate
- University graduate: economics, business, engineering, or Information Technology.
- Good understanding of traditional as well as new financial services and channels: Cards/ATMs, banking agents, mobile banking, and internet banking
- Innovative product or channel development experience
- Project Management experience/knowledge.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savviness.
- Have a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Creativity to combine untapped market opportunities with new technologies to create new financial services for FINCA’s target customers.
- Strong partnership development skills
- Pragmatism in balancing new businesses growth and profitably versus build-up of back office and control structures
- People leadership: able to motivate a small team of innovative and creative staff that enjoy new challenges.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a focus on ability to “pitch” ideas and getting buy-in from the management team as well as the larger organization.
Method Of Application
Qualifying and interested people should apply for the position through: email@example.com
Closing Date: February 9th, 2024
FINCA Limited (Malawi) is an Equal Opportunity Employer i.e., it does not discriminate an applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual’s status in any group or class protected by state or local law. FINCA Limited (Malawi) encourages applicants from all qualified individuals.