Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM)
Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM) is a local, non-governmental organization providing youth friendly sexual and reproductive health rights, information, and services. FPAM compliments the government of Malawi in improving the health status of all people in Malawi. FPAM’s vision is a
Malawian society with access to quality and comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services and information.
FPAM is looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions.
Department: Finance and Administration
Reporting to: Accountant
I. Overall Objective:
The role of the Finance Assistant is to assist in developing and maintain strong and effective financial management systems -and internal control systems while capturing, updating and reconciling financial transactions.
II. Specific duties
1. Petty Cash Custodian and payments making sure all documents are properly approved and attached.
2. Suppliers Reconciliation on Monthly Basis
3. Preparation and writing of cheques attaching all relevant documents.
4. Banking of all unspent balances from project activities.
5. Helping the Accountant in Posting data into SAGE Accounting package on Daily basis.
6. Checking and verification of all cash liquidation from FPAM staff.
7. Ensure adherence to approved financial policies and procedures, as well as donor requirements.
8. Review payments, advances, inter-office charges, cash and bank reconciliations on the basis of proper supporting documentation.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Diploma in accounting or equivalent obtained from a reputable institution.
- At least 3 years’ post qualification experience in a busy donor funded organization.
Method Of Application
Please send your cover letter, CV and copies of relevant Certificates with three traceable referees through email to email@example.com. The deadline for submission is Friday, 26th January 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Duly note that due to volumes of applications we receive; only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and that FPAM does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. FPAM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to
share this commitment. FPAM is an equal opportunity employer.