Ministry of Health
The Government of Malawi is committed to reach Universal Health coverage. In this regard, The Ministry of Health signed a memorandum of understanding with Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM) and Islamic Health Association of Malawi (IHAM) to ensure provision of essential health services. Service Level Agreements are part of delivering this MOU. Service Level Agreements are a form of Public Private Partnership between government and faith based health care providers that stipulates the nature of services to be provided by the client. The aim of the SLA program is to improve equity in access to Essential Health Package (EHP) services to the population served by CHAM & IHAM facilities by removing the user fees charged.
This program expands coverage for the EHP services with an aim of achieving Universal Health Coverage (UHC) for the poor population by making health services free at the point of delivery in CHAM and IHAM facilities Under SLAs, the MOH reimburses CHAM and IHAM health facilities for providing an agreed package of essential health services free of charge to the community.
Over the years the program is known for its positive contribution toward improving health outcomes. Therefore, the SLA unit is looking for the following position;
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Department: Planning –Health Financing (SLA Project)
Reports to: Project Manager
Terms of Employment : 2 years’ contract
The Finance and administration Officer will take responsibility of assignments in finance and administration data management, proposal and budget development, external and internal audit, financial reporting, liquidity management, budgeting, payroll preparation, banking and payments, cash and fuel advances and fixed asset management.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Perform day-to-day financial operations, including processing invoices, and preparing financial reports;
- Maintaining accurate financial records and ensuring compliance with accounting principles and standards;
- Assisting with HR administration, including maintaining employee records, processing payroll, and managing employee benefits;
- Examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
- Ensure accounting records are accurate, and with all relevant information (donor and activity information);
- Excellent record-keeping, both digitally and paper-based, keeping confidentiality in mind;
- Develop annual budgets, and analyze quarterly budget follow up; and
- External and internal audit: Preparing audit schedules; responding to audit queries during audits; Implementation of auditor’s recommendations.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, Finance or Business Administration obtained from an accredited institution with three (3) years post qualification working experience; Or
- A Diploma in Accountancy obtained from an accredited institution with at least 5 years post qualification working experience.
- Must be in good standing with their regulatory body i.e. ICAM
- Experience in NGO and Donor Funded Projects financial systems including Grants management.
Requisite Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Good Planning and organizational skills;
- Strategic thinker with a customer service focus;
- Good computer skills especially in respect of accounting packages and Microsoft Office;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Self-motivated, dynamic and creative;
- High level of integrity;
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow up outstanding issues;
- Good team player;
- Negotiation, facilitating and influencing skills; and
- Ability to work under pressure.
Method Of Application
Interested persons should submit their application letters that should include copies of relevant certificates and Curriculum Vitae which has phone numbers and names of three traceable referees to:
The Secretary for Health
Ministry of Health
P.O. Box 30377
Attention: Director of Human Resource Management and Development
The advert can also be accessed on www.health.gov.mw
Closing date for receipt of the applications is Friday 14th May,2023