Lifleco Farmers and Marketing Cooperative Society Limited
Lifleco Farmers and Marketing Cooperative Society Limited is a membership-based agricultural organization formed by smallholder farmers around Midzemba, kanono and Kamwamba in Neno district. With funding from the United States African Development Foundation (USADF), Lifleco Cooperative is implementing a.Livelihood Improvement Program (LIP) project whose aim is to
improve the nutritional wellbeing of its members particularly those with Non-Communicable Disease (NCDs) as well as improving the social-economic and building strong resilience of its members. The
Cooperative will establish a demonstration site under the Integrated Farming System (IFS) model which will act as a learning centre for its members as well as the main cooperative production and
aggregation centre. Lifleco Cooperative intends to apply part of the funds for the recruitment of a management team to help in the daily management of the demo-site and its operations. The cooperative is, therefore, looking for self-motivated and qualified. Malawians to fill up the vacant positions available at the Cooperative Office as follows:
Reporting to: The Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities
The cooperative manager will be the overseer of the project implementation and will be responsible for the following:
- Take responsibility for the management and achievement of the cooperative plans and targets set forth.
- Oversee the management of financial resources and implementation of the budget.
- Assist in identifying lucrative markets for Lifleco Cooperative’s products.
- Produce timely reports on quarterly basis and as when needed on all activities for submission to the partner and board;
- Maintain safe custody of the cooperative assets;
- Participate in all meetings and training programmes organised by USADF and the Cooperative
- Facilitate capacity building programmes of staff and cooperative members
- Coordinate the financial audit of the Cooperative
- Procure assets according to USADF procurement rules
- Supervise all cooperative staff and workers at the demo-site;
- Oversee the implementation and monitoring of all programs activities at the Cooperative including operational and commercial activities;
- Scale up the implementation of best farming practices show-cased at the demo-site to individual cooperative members;
- Ensure that the production standards and quality at the demo-site and individual member fields is aligned to the nutritional and market needs;
- Advise the Cooperative leaders in the planning and implementation of all Cooperative activities;
- Facilitate the resolution of problems as they arise in clubs, and market centres in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain strong links within the Cooperative area of operation through a strong network communication system between Cooperative Office, action groups and clubs, as well as other stakeholders and coordinate activities where necessary.
Qualifications, Attributes and Experience
- Minimum of Diploma in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Business Management, or related fields from recognised institutions.;
- At least three years’ work experience in related field
- Proficient in basic administrative functions and skilled in the use of office equipment and computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proven experience of providing extension in rural areas,
- Excellent Interpersonal Communication skills
- Willingness to work and stay in the rural areas (in proximity with Lifleco Cooperative)
- Proven understanding and experience of greenhouse farming, drip irrigation, nutrition, horticulture, field crop, livestock production and marketing;
- Experience of climate smart agriculture technologies will be an added advantage
- Ability to use a motorbike with a motorcycle rider’s license is an added advantage.
Method of Application
All interested applicants with the required qualifications and experience should send their applications enclosing copies of relevant certificates and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names of three traceable referees, mobile numbers, and e-mail addresses to:
The Chairperson, Lifleco Cooperative Society Limited, C/o Kasenjere TDC, P/ Bag 2, Neno, Malawi. Applications can be delivered by hand at Lifleco Cooperative, near Midzemba Trading
Centre, UMODZI Consulting Zalewa office (Within Lisungwi EPA Agriculture office) and Neno Office (Old FPAM Office) Or be sent
via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving the applications is Friday ,20th of January 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Qualified ladies are encouraged to apply. Lifleco Farmers and Marketing Cooperative Society Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
NOTE: Transportation and other related costs by candidates will not be reimbursed.