Partners In Health
Partners in Health (PIH) is a non-profit organization based in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. Through service delivery, training, advocacy and research, PIH works globally to bring the benefits of modern science to those most in need and to serve as an antidote to despair. PIH has programs in Haiti, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Rwanda, Lesotho, Malawi, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Kazakhstan and Boston. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
PIH began working in Malawi in 2007, where today we support the Ministry of Health (MOH) to serve a catchment area of 165,000 through 12 health centers and two hospitals in partnership with our sister organizations. Partners in Health/Abwenzi Pa Za Umoyo (PIH/APZU) has its headquarters in Neno District with operations across the country.
The Ministry of Health through the Non-Communicable Disease Unit and Partners in Health/ Abwenzi Pa Za Umoyo (PIH/APZU), with support from UNICEF is scaling up the implementation of PEN-Plus initiative. PEN-Plus is a model of decentralizing care of
complex / severe Chronic Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) from tertiary to primary care facilities. In an effort to further this initiative, Partners in Health/Abwenzi Pa Za Umoyo, with support from UNICEF is constructing NCD Clinics at Mangochi District
Hospital, Ntchisi District Hospital and Rumphi District Hospital.
We therefore seek to recruit suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following posts:
Posts: Clerk of Works (3)
Reports to: Construction Officer
Commitment: Full Time (Monday-Friday)
Working Hours: Regular Office Hours (40Hrs/Week)
Contract period: 5 months
Location: Mangochi , Ntchisi and Rumphi
The Clerk of Works will be required to provide onsite technical supervision and support by monitoring the day to day construction activities on an assigned construction site. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that the project is completed in accordance with the requirements and within the scheduled time. The incumbent will also be required
to prepare and submit detailed analytical reports as scheduled to provide decision-makers with reliable and accurate information on the status of the on-going project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspecting and verifying that all materials delivered to the construction site comply with contractual requirements.
- Monitoring, inspecting and ensuring that the workmanship and practices of contractors and/or crews engaged in construction are in accordance with required standards.
- Conducts on-going site inspections to ensure adherence to all building plans, specifications, schedules and health and safety regulations.
- Witnessing materials mixing, testing and quality control activities to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Monitoring cleanliness and general orderliness of construction site.
- Preparing and submitting detailed reports on any deviations in workmanship, construction activity or schedules together with appropriate recommendations.
- Assisting the Project Manager in measuring/verifying the quantities of works completed by the contractor.
- Participating in all project meetings as the Client’s site representative and preparing/submitting reports to the Project Manager within the specified timeframe.
- Logging all activities of the construction site in the Daily Logbook in accordance with the requirements of the Project Manager, including; visitors to the construction site, daily weather, materials delivered to the site, incidents/accidents, planned activities.
- Preparing and submitting daily/weekly/monthly reports within agreed time frames.
- Taking photographs of all construction activities.
- Monitoring and controlling access to construction site.
Required experience and Qualifications
The applicant must have the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a construction related field with a minimum of two years of experience in a similar position or a Diploma in a construction related field with a minimum of six years of experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of building and construction practices.
- Ability to analyse quality of construction work and contractor’s performance.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office applications.
- Good organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations governing construction projects.
- Working knowledge of project management reporting techniques.
- Excellent communication skills including preparing/compiling detailed analytical reports.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools and software relevant to job functions.
Benefits and Remuneration
An Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates commensurate with experience and qualification.
Method Of Application
Qualified and interested persons should apply to the address below, enclosing their cover letter; copies of relevant certificates and curriculum vitae indicating three names of traceable referee with valid telephone numbers and email addresses not later than Monday, 27th November 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The Human Resources Manager
Partners In Health/Abwenzi Pa Za Umoyo (PIH/APZU)
P.O. Box 56
P.O. Box 1774
NB: Partners in Health/Abwenzi Pa Za Umoyo (PIH/APZU) is an equal opportunity employer, so all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, tribe, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strive to provide an inclusive and supportive working environment.
Partners In Health/Abwenzi Pa Za Umoyo (PIH/APZU) is Committed to safeguarding staff, children and communities with whom we work with. We are committed to ensuring that those who benefit from our work – including our patients, families and community members – as well as our staff are treated with dignity and respect and protected from sexual exploitation, abuse and sexual harassment. Therefore, any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of applicable background checks.
The Organisation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to make a payment at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org