Umunthu Plus (UP
Umunthu Plus (UP) is a Malawian not for profit organization registered with Government of Malawi, Council for Non-Governmental Organization of Malawi (CONGOMA) and NGO Regulatory Authority (NGORA). Umunthu Plus is implementing programs focusing on health, education, Agriculture & Climate Change, Gender & Human rights and general livelihood targeting most vulnerable populations.
The Business Development and Livelihood Officer will be reporting to the Program Manager. The overall purpose of the position is to coordinate all business development related activities for beneficiaries and partners.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Responsible for managing the agri-business development training, business management, financial literacy training, and ongoing coaching/ networking and market linkages and access activities.
- Support the field officer to screen farmer’s groups/producers/processors and support business planning activities
- Provide leadership and day-to-day implementation of project and high-level technical leadership in conducting training, facilitates adoption of improved techniques and technologies, facilitate improved market access, sales, commercialization strategies; maintains direct communication and coordination with government technical experts and trainers. Strengthen the capacity of Village Natural Resource Management Committees (VNRMC) and Area Natural Resource Management Committees (ANRMC) in afforestation and natural resource management.
- Support Natural Resource Management Committees in the implementation of a Village Level Natural Resource Management Plan and a participatory forest resource assessment (PFRA).
- Create partnerships, linkages and synergies between stakeholders.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor degree in Agri business, Agriculture, Development studies, Business studies, Social science, Economics, or any other related qualifications.
- 3-5 years of experience in development or humanitarian organizations, including insignificant experience working as a business development trainer.
- A combination of diverse experience and expertise in community based natural resource management (CBNRM), sustainable agricultural practices and market-oriented enterprises for agricultural and natural products I-Expertise in income generation, Value chains, SMEs and/or agribusiness development, group dynamics, poverty alleviation, livelihood and value chain development, social inclusion, etc.
- Proven record of effective project management, including project planning, implementation, reporting and managing a budget; Fluency in English and ability to effectively write reports;
- Strong facilitation skills, including the design and management of effective trainings, workshops and meetings.
- Effective team player, able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with consortium partners, government departments and other stakeholders. Competence with MS office applications, including Word Excel and power point.
Applications with curriculum Vitae (CV), three traceable referees and relevant copy of certificates should be emailed to the following address; The Executive Director, Umunthu Plus, Nkhotakota. Email: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is Friday, 25th November, 2022. Please note that Umunthu Plus attachments should only be in Ms Word or PDF. Zipped files Must Not be attached. Only applications from shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Umunthu Plus is an equal opportunity employer