Higher Education Students’ Loans and Grants Board
The Higher Education Students Loans and Grants Board (HESLGB) is a Statutory body mandated to facilitate provision of loans and grants to needy and deserving students that are pursuing higher education in accredited institutions of higher academic learning.
HESLGB is also mandated to facilitate the recovery of loans from all former beneficiaries of student loans. HESLGB is looking for qualified and highly motivated individuals to fill the vacant post of a Finance Officer:
Job Title : Assistant Finance Officer
Grade : HES5
Reporting Responsibility : Finance Officer
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Finance Officer, s/he shall be responsible for proper accountability of financial resources of HESLGB and ensure financial procedures are followed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in Preparation, Monitoring and Control of HESLGB budget;
- Assist in designing of proper accounting systems and controls for efficient management of funds;
- Assist in designing of proper chart of accounts for efficient management of funds;
- Reconciliation of both Loans Disbursements and Loan Recoveries;
- Assist in monitoring the movements in the reserve fund and preparing the reconciliation statements;
- Preparation of control accounts reconciliations, analysis and Journal Vouchers;
- Complying with established procedures, policies, rules and ethics;
- Timely preparation of periodic financial Reports and analysis;
- Keeping of accounting records;
- Dealing with financial correspondence, complaints and queries in liaison with Finance Officer;
- Reconciling meeting expenditure returns;
- Assisting monitoring of the funds disbursed from Treasury and Accountant General;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for the position of Assistant Finance Officer must have:
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and or Finance;
2. Two (2) years experience in a busy institution;
3. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
4. Analytical, accurate, and deadline driven;
5. Extensive computer literacy on relevant accounting software.
6. Age of not more than 50 years old.
Method of Application
All interested applicants should send their application letters and detailed Curriculum Vitae including three traceable referees that includes previous employer, not later than Friday, 3rd February 2023 to:
The Executive Director
Higher Education Students Loans and Grants Board
HESIGB is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.