AquaLink Services is a local registered company that supplies various aquaculture inputs and provides investment and technical fish farming advisory support. The company produces a wide range of aquaculture equipment using locally available materials for sale. Some of the equipment include hapa nets, measuring boards, weighing scales, waders, fish feed, water quality test kits, fingerlings, seine nets, scoop nets, pond liners, graders and hormones. Further from supplying inputs, the company has established a commercial fish farm in Zomba. AquaLink prides in meeting customer needs with quality tools and services. The primary objective of the company is closing the long-standing gap of aquaculture inputs in Malawi and therefore the main focus of the business is to improve accessibility of affordable and high-quality inputs to various actors in the aquaculture industry.
In the quest to improve service delivery, AquaLink is looking for an Aquaculture Business Development Intern to join the company. The postholder will take the lead in managing tasks related to administration, business operations, farm monitoring and projects management. The position is tenable in Lilongwe.
Duties and responsibilities
The intern will be responsible for the following key tasks.
– Preparing, organizing and storing information in paper and digital form
– Dealing with phone and email queries
– Prepare regular reports and presentations
– Organize, store and print company documents as needed
– Reconciling and submitting periodic expenditure reports
– Book meetings and schedule events
– Maintain a filing system for data on customers and external partners
– Supporting the company with resource mobilization activities
– Support with managing AquaLink’s accounting systems
ii. Sales and Marketing
– Designing effective strategies for both marketing initiatives as well as customer retention
– Developing marketing strategies for aquaculture equipment
– Schedules meetings and appointments with existing and new customers
– Supporting production and delivery of equipment
iii. Projects Management
– Support with extension service provision (aquaculture and Agri business related assignments).
– Support with stakeholder mapping and identification.
– Support with proposal and concept development for the company.
iv. Farm Management
– Monitoring and developing tracking records on daily farm activities including pond management, fish sampling, and fish and fingerling sales.
– Supervising AquaLink farm activities and developing a monthly work plan with the farm manager
– Developing marketing strategies and viable business models for AquaLink farm.
Skills and Requirements
– University degree in Agribusiness Management, or any other related fields obtained not earlier than 2020.
– Previous work experience in agri-business is preferable but not mandatory.
– Sound understanding of Malawian Aquaculture Value Chain
– Good understanding of business operations
– Strong communication and writing skills
– Ability to work with minimal supervision
– Computer literate
– Good command of English plus any other 2 native languages
– Fast learner and willing to take instructions from line managers
Method Of Application
– Qualified and interested candidates with the stated requirements must submit cover letter and CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
– The deadline for submission is 29th January, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The position will run for six fixed months and will be renewed based on performance.
AquaLink is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, and individuals with disabilities. Females are encouraged to apply.
For more information about AquaLink Services, please visit our website at www.aqualinkmw.com
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com