Pyxus Agriculture (Malawi) Limited
Pyxus Agriculture Limited is a subsidiary of a trusted provider of responsibly sourced, independently verified, sustainable and traceable agricultural products and ingredients, operating in Malawi servicing the needs of its shareholders and their customers. A career opportunity has arisen in our organisation for the position of Zone Operations Manager.
Reporting to the Leaf Service Manager, the Zone Operations Manager is responsible to effectively manage Alliance One Tobacco (Malawi) Limited / Pyxus Agriculture smallholder
contracted farmers and related activities following the growing calendar in order to achieve and secure the required Tobacco and Groundnut volumes as per the Annual operating
One Operating Plan / Strategic plan.
- Prepares, implements and ensures adherence to the annual, monthly and weekly Agronomy Operations plan in line with the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) for Agronomy.
- Prepares, monitors and maintains the financial budget for the Agronomy Operations in line with the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) for Agronomy and for approval by the Leaf / Groundnut Services Manager and company Directors.
- Budget preparation, management and reporting for the department.
- Monitors the quality and yield of the crop production, provides 24 hour agronomy expertise and service to the Stakeholders in compliance with Pyxus Agriculture and
Alliance One Tobacco (M) Limited Agronomy Standard operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Reviews and oversees agricultural products logistics requirements and movement.
- Oversees and controls Operational Resources.
- Oversees the Social agricultural products production and ensures that there is full awareness and understanding of the Sustainable Tobaco Program (STP) requirements
throughout the department.
- Plan ahead and assist in the development and implementation of an annual sales / buying plan for Tobacco and Groundnuts.
- Builds and maintains Customer and Stakeholder relationships, promotes awareness on environmental issues and prepares for self-evaluation in compliance with Sustainable Tobacco Program (STP).
- Develops and maintains stakeholder relationships through education and on-going communication monthly.
- Performance Management: Conduct a one-on-one session with each subordinate, identifies training needs, checks that individual objectives have been uploaded where
required and manage poor performers through the required action plans.
- Talent Management: In conjunction with the HR lead, identify the training needs for subordinates, in line with succession planning and talent management and manages
subordinate’s Environmental Social & Governance (ESG) training plan and training targets.
- Employee Wellness / Organizational Culture: Provides a safe environment for all employees and address grievances and disciplinary matters within time frames specified in the policy.
- Employee Cost Management; Ensures leave plans are implemented, managed and management of unplanned overtime, and number of seasonal staff by evaluating the
requested vs. optimized required number.
- University degree (from an accredited institution).
- 6 years’ experience in Operations and business management or Project Management.
- Excellent communication, analytical, presentation, planning, and leadership skills.
- Proactive, organized and able to handle work under stressful and uncertain environments.
- Knowledge of Agricultural products production and operations.
- Proficient in Microsoft word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to plan and coordinate large areas of production.
- Results orientated.
Dynamic self-starter with excellent inter personal skills and high regard for personal integrity and trustworthiness.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names of three traceable referees to the address below, not later than 02nd November, 2023.
The Human Resources Director
Pyxus Agriculture (Malawi) Limited
P.O. Box 40048, Kanengo
Or Email: MWLilongweRecruitment@aointl.com
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates shall be acknowledged.