Art & Global Health Centre Africa (ArtGlo)
Art & Global Health Centre Africa (ArtGlo) harnesses the power of the arts to nurture creative leadership, and ignite bold conversations and actions. We envision a world where communities
are healthy, open, and active, and people are free to be who they are. At our core is the belief
that creativity, innovation, collaboration, and empowerment are critical to grassroots social
The YCE programme works to improve the engagement of youth in the community and amplifies community voices to enact social change. With Neotree we are highlighting the stories of mothers and caregivers in the health system around their lives and digital health to feed into better neonatal health delivery. With Students with dreams, a youth leadership programme, we are empowering young people to be change makers. With UNICEF we are helping to improve child protection structures across Malawi using creative arts approaches.
We are seeking a Programme Intern to play a key role in delivery of these and other initiatives. The experience for the intern will be a hands-on one; in a real-world, flexible, supportive and
fast paced multicultural and collaborative environment. At ArtGlo the intern will develop in problem-solving methods, develop skills in monitoring and evaluations, facilitation, participatory and arts-based solutions, administration, logistics, fundraising, research in youth leadership discourses and event management.
Programme Management and Support
- Assist in the conceptualisation, organisation and carrying out the programme workshops
- Workshop documentation and report writing
- Support programme participants on project implementation
- Collaboration with other organisations
- Activities relating to the development of the Programme
- Support in the revision of programme and updating of the programme manuals
- Support in field logistics
Fundraising and Partnership
- Work closely with the Programme Manager and other team members to build partnerships and raise funds for the programme
- Support the programme manager in partnership meetings
- Assisting with grant management and applications
- Developing relationships with other youth organisations in Malawi and abroad
- Developing relationships with corporate sponsors
- Assist in paperwork
- Ensure that all project and participant files are kept up to date
- Ensure that financial policies are adhered to
Communications and Monitoring and Evaluation
- Work closely with the communications team in building the profile of the programme.
- Support the development and distribution of communications materials
- Develop social media content (in coordination with Communications Fellow and Communications Intern)
- Support Monitoring and Evaluation of the programme.
- Data collection, entry and reporting
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university/ higher education institution (preference in arts, media, communications, social science and development).
- Passionate about youth leadership and supporting young leaders in their development
- Creative, team player with great interpersonal skills
- Committed to growth and local/international youth leadership
- Efficient communication, moderation and facilitation skills
- Flexible and adaptable – enjoys working in dynamic environment and taking initiative
- Proficient writing and oral skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Apps and willing to learn online organisation tools
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English and Chichewa
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; remains calm and good humoured even under pressure;
6 months renewable, 4 days a week. Hours will vary depending on scheduled events. The intern is expected to travel within Malawi regularly to organise, promote and implement Programme activities, and this will involve some weekend working. Recruitment will happen quickly, as such applicants should be ready to begin work immediately.
Method Of Application
Qualified candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org and write
in the subject line: Youth and Community Engagement Intern – YOUR NAME:
- CV/Resume, with 2 references
- Letter of Interest describing what you hope to gain from the internship and any relevant
experience you have had.
- Deadline: 9 a.m. Wednesday 24th January , 2024
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.