Médecins Sans Frontières
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. In Malawi, MSF works in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and the local community in integrated HIV/AIDS in Chiradzulu District and Cervical Cancer projects Blantyre districts.
MSF PROVIDES EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AND FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
MSFF is looking for its coordination office:
Position: WATSAN TECHNICIAN – 2 POSITION
Workplace : Mangochi
Type of contract : 1 year Fixed term with possible extension
Start date : January 2023
Main purpose of the position
Supporting the Watsan Supervisor in the implementation, monitoring, maintaining, and trouble-shooting of Water Hygiene Sanitation activities and infrastructure in the project according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to improve health and living conditions of the target population
- Carrying out tasks directly related to the Watsan activities such as construction and maintenance of infrastructures in the project according to MSF protocols and standards concerning the operation of water supply, waste management and excreta disposal, hygiene and infection control.
- Ensuring the cleaning and maintenance of the Watsan structures and when applicable, of the medical facilities;
- Identifying, recruiting, training and supervising daily laborers or hygiene agents for Watsan activities
- Informing the Watsan Supervisor of any difficulties, anomalies and problems that may affect the normal functioning of activities and tasks in his/her area of responsibility;
- Assisting the Watsan Supervisor in Watsan data collection and reporting, as well as maintaining updated files and records of assigned project activities
- Being responsible for equipment, tools, and consumables, verifying that they are safely used and maintained. Reporting to the supervisor any need of renewal and the weekly/monthly consumption
- Conduct detailed technical assessments for the water points by physical inspection and opening to confirm details
- Work with district technicians on WASH activities
- Support the contractors with technical hand on the community WASH activities
- Provide technical support to the team and project on construction, borehole drilling and wells rehabilitations as is required.
- Setting up emergency water distribution systems, sanitation facilities and infrastructure in emergencies
Degree/Technical Diploma or proven background, desirable specialization in water and sanitation/Civil Engineering/Public/Environmental Engineering/Hydrogeology
Previous experience in borehole drilling, wells rehabilitation, water distribution systems, sanitation facilities construction
English and Chichewa mandatory, Computer literacy
Stress Management, Commitment, Flexibility, Result oriented, Teamwork
Method Of Application
Documents to provide:
Cover letter, Updated CV, ID Copy and relevant certificates
Deadline for submission of application: 30th December 2022
Application to be sent By Email Only to:
Subject Line: WATSAN TECHNICIAN -NAME OF APPLICANT-WORK PLACE
NOTE: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. MSFF does not reimburse the possible costs for transportation for tests and interviews that may take place during the recruitment process. MSF is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fees. : if ever you are requested to pay any amount to process your application or access employment with MSF, do not pay and please inform the MSF administration email@example.com as soon as possible.”