Médecins Sans Frontières
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. In Malawi, MSF works in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and the local community in integrated HIV/AIDS in Chiradzulu District and Cervical Cancer projects Blantyre districts.
MSF PROVIDES EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AND FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
MSFF is looking for its Blantyre office:
Position: WATSAN SUPERVISOR – 1 POSITION
Workplace: Nkhatabay and Nkhotakota
Type of contract : 1 year Fixed term with possible extension
Start date : January 2023
Main purpose of the position
Supporting the Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (Watsan) Manager in the implementation and supervision of Watsan activities, including tools and materials employed according to MSF standards and protocols, in order to improve health and living conditions of the target population.
- Ensuring the day-to-day implementation and administration of assigned Watsan activities at project level, including but not limited to, water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, vector control, and dead bodies management
- Ensuring that the MSF procedures and protocols are followed by the Watsan teams to guarantee the operational quality of the project;
- Ensuring the maintenance and repair of technical equipment in the project to guarantee an adequate running of Watsan activities;
- Ensuring the distribution of the materials and tools used in water treatment, hygiene and sanitation (e.g. physical organization and inventory of stocks, receiving and processing orders for water, sanitation and hygiene material, check that the amounts received are recorded, and check monthly consumptions, etc.);
- Supporting the Watsan Manager in ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (physical verification of stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training). Ensuring appropriate assistance to the project response team and if required, participating in emergency activities or exploratory visits
- Supporting the Watsan Manager in the team planning (e.g. staff rosters and admin, HR processes, etc.) and informing and involving the Watsan Manager in case of any major management or technical issue, and providing all required reporting
- Planning and supervising the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, tasks definition and internal and external communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity
- Participating in data collection and reporting as required
- Supervision of boreholes drilling and or well rehabilitation activities
- Setting up emergency water distribution systems in the communities
- Supporting and linking the contractors with local Water and Sanitation, and MoH offices as and when required
Degree/Technical diploma, desirable specialization in water and sanitation/Civil Engineering/Public/Environmental Health Engineering/Hydrogeology
Previous experience in technical works and organizing of multiple activities with strengths in community WASH; experience in surface and ground water supply, water treatment systems, boreholes drilling activities supervision, community sanitation activities supervision. Water quality analysis and treatment experience is essential.
English and Chichewa mandatory, Computer literacy
Stress Management, Commitment, Flexibility, Result oriented, Teamwork
Method Of Application
Documents to provide:
Cover letter, Updated CV, ID Copy and relevant certificates
Deadline for submission of application: 30th December 2022
Application to be sent By Email Only to:
Subject Line: WATSAN SUPERVISOR -NAME OF APPLICANT-WORK PLACE
NOTE: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. MSFF does not reimburse the possible costs for transportation for tests and interviews that may take place during the recruitment process. MSF is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fees. : if ever you are requested to pay any amount to process your application or access employment with MSF, do not pay and please inform the MSF administration email@example.com as soon as possible.”