Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: “Zero Hunger by 2030” – If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
WASH Officer* in Blantyre
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of 7 months. Prospects of extension. The employment location will be Blantyre, Malawi. The position is paid according to national paygrade.
As a WASH Officer, your aim will be to provide support to the Project Coordinator in the coordination and implementation of disaster response activities according to Welthungerhilfe emergency response guidelines.
- In close consultation with the Project Coordinator, coordinate and work with relevant government institutions, UN Cluster, national and international NGOs, and other stakeholders ensuring good communications and an enabling environment for the project to operate in.
- Support efficient, effective, and high-quality implementation of project activities working towards meeting the expected outputs and outcomes while following the budget and work plan.
- Pro-activity with regard to anticipating problems and bottlenecks and acting upon them in coordination with the project coordinator and partner.
- Ensuring close coordination and collaboration with the partner as well as providing technical support to the partner.
- Community engagement with regard to community mobilization, training, and other events on district and community levels. Sensitization, awareness creation, and mobilization of beneficiaries on demand-driven WASH activities.
- Conduct compliance inspections of new infrastructure to ensure they are operational and assist in major repairs and installation of new materials, supplies, machinery, and/or equipment.
- Contribute to monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/ reports as well as monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) and knowledge managment.
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on issues related to WASH.
- Represent WHH at WASH Cluster meetings and other relevant technical fora
- A university degree in Disaster Management, Community Development, Water and Sanitation, Environmental Sciences, or any related field
- More than 3 years of relevant work experience in the management and implementation WASH activities.
- Hands-on experience in developing emergency programming in WASH and FSL is required; Shelter/NFI and Protection Mainstreaming is a very strong asset.
- Excellent understanding of humanitarian architecture and coordination system
- Good mobilization and communication skills.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by May 3, 2023. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.