Malawi Liverpool Wellcome Trust
The Malawi – Liverpool – Wellcome – Programme (MLW) (http://www.mlw.mw) is an internationally recognized centre for research and training, funded by the Wellcome (W) in collaboration with our key partners, the Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS), Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM) and University of Liverpool (UoL) among others. We are committed to promoting research and training led by Malawian & International scientists, with the aim of conducting science that drives health and wellbeing in Malawi and elsewhere in the Region.
The programme is seeking a capable and forward-thinking individual to assume the role of Warehouse Officer. The selected candidate will be tasked with overseeing the warehouse, managing the work of Stores clerks and the Storekeeper. A key responsibility includes developing a comprehensive understanding of each project and the corresponding stock items housed in the warehouse.
The incumbent will be responsible for preparing monthly Consumption Reports and Stock Valuation Reports. Additionally, they will play a crucial role in identifying stock items nearing expiry and supporting in the proper disposal of expired items by notifying project owners.
Specific duties of the postholder include receiving goods in the stores/warehouse and accurately recording them in the Stock management system, Serenic. The role involves conducting regular spot checks and monthly physical stock-takes, reconciling variances, and entering data. The Warehouse Officer will also proactively review warehousing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to enhance stock management and improve service efficiency for clients. Furthermore, the Warehouse Officer will ensure that the stores/warehouse is adequately equipped to handle items requiring specialized storage facilities. S/he will prioritize warehouse safety by enhancing and enforcing safety measures
To be responsible for effective operations of MLW stores/warehouse and stocks management.
- Receive goods in the stores / warehouse and post them into stock management system- Serenic;
- Monitor inventory by conducting regular spot checks, monthly and annual physical stock-count, investigate and reconcile variances and inputting data.
- Producing various Monthly stock reports
- Ensuring that stock records are up to date and accurate at all times by providing appropriate stock measures.
- Regularly review warehousing SOPs and facilitate improvements in stocks management and efficiency of service to clients;
- Ensure that the stores / warehouse is in a good order and provide safe working environment and optimise space utilisation;
- Ensure that the stores / warehouse is sufficiently equipped to cater for items that need specialised storage facilities;
- Ensuring safety of the warehouse by improving / enforcing warehouse safety measures.
- Receiving and checking off incoming shipments including cold shipment
- Shelving space planning and management to maximize available warehouse/stores space.
- Supervising and training warehouse clerks for improved and effective warehouse management.
- To perform any tasks deemed to be reasonable requested by the Line Manager.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- To take full responsibility for ensuring a safe work environment by following health and safety rules at all times for colleagues and study Participants
- To keep up to date and maintain awareness of all Health and Safety issues by fulfilling the following;
- Attending the scheduled quarterly Health & Safety sensitization trainings at least Once a year
- Attend a Health and safety induction during the first week of employment, signing acknowledgement and keep abreast of the MLW Health and Safety Policies and their updates
- Attend and be updated in Good Clinical Practice / Good Clinical Laboratory Practice
- Participating in Risk management exercises
- To immediately notify the Line Manager and Health and safety officer of all Accidents, and potential hazards
Error of Judgment: failure to abide by the Health & Safety protocols and putting one-self, colleagues and Study participants at risk and failure to attend 1 Health &Safety session a year, will lead to disciplinary action.
All staff are employed under the MLW Programme and are ultimately responsible to the Programme whether directly employed under the Core Grant, a Research Fellowship or project grant. All staff are expected to be flexible and may be required to contribute to the activities of the Core Programme or another project(s).
Advanced Diploma in Stores management/ Procurement
Remuneration and Benefits
MLW offers an attractive remuneration package which includes a competitive salary package commensurate with the position, a medical aid scheme, insurance cover, pension scheme, gratuity benefits redeemable once every year, among others.
MLW also offers opportunities such as scholarships, upgrading and training opportunities to employees. These are based on excellent job performance and other set criteria.
MLW recognizes its responsibility in safeguarding and protecting communities, research participants and patients. Please note that successful candidates will be requested to undergo a safeguarding check prior to appointment and at regular time points during employment.
Method Of Application
Suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications with copies of relevant certificates, and a detailed CV as One PDF to email@example.com. Please indicate the position title as the heading of your email. Hand-delivered applications will not be processed.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org