Art and Global Health Center Africa (ArtGlo)
UMUNTHU PROGRAMME INTERN
ArtGlo’s Umunthu Programme is seeking an intern to support the Umunthu Inclusion Society Project. The project aims to promote access to public social services as a fundamental human right of minority groups including LGBTI persons in Malawi by reducing stigma and discrimination, building the capacity of civil society, justice actors, LGBTI community members and justice institutions to advocate for and implement inclusive justice service provision, policies and programs. (See https://www.artgloafrica.org/umunthu for more information)
Summary of Essential Responsibilities
- Assist in Data Management, cleaning and quality control
- Support the team in various administrative duties
- Record, take pictures/videos and audios of workshop contents/discussions, and contribute to development of communications pieces
- Data collection, entry and management
- Assist in documenting of all Umunthu workshop perspectives
- Maintain accurate records of workshop contents
- Plan or facilitate specific sessions, reflections or objective oriented activities as appropriate.
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, sexual orientation and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Actively work towards continuing personal learning, act on learning plan and apply newly acquired skills
- As part of a small and dynamic team, the Umunthu Intern may be expected to take other duties and responsibilities
Knowledge and skill requirements:
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Advanced quantitative skills, knowledge of statistical programs preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Ability to manage diverse activities and to meet deadlines required; flexibility to changing situations and priorities desired.
- Demonstrate an understanding of artistic participatory methodologies- good facilitation skills an advantage
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and/or lead the efforts to effectively meet M&E needs.
- Excellent communication, moderation and facilitation skills
- Good level of ICT literacy specifically data management software
- Good communication skills (including confidence to assist in workshop facilitation)
- Ability to evaluate the workshop materials and process and provide necessary feedback
- Willingness to develop in participatory, interactive methodology
- Experience with M&E will be an added advantage.
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion of marginalized groups in society
- Work independently and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Organize workload and prioritize tasks to meet changing priorities and deadlines
- Work effectively in collaboration with other ArtGlo staff and volunteers
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience and/or education in Social Sciences or any other relevant field
- Events management, data collection and audio transcription experience
- Experience with photography and videography an added advantage
Duration: A minimum of four days per week for 6 months.
Remuneration: Unpaid. We offer transport and lunch allowance.
Location: Based in Zomba, Malawi with a possibility of travel to support Umunthu activities.
Method Of Application
Qualified candidates should send their:
- CV/Resume, and
- Letter of Interest (describing what you hope to gain from the internship and any
relevant experience you have had) to the following email address: email@example.com and write in the subject line:
- Umunthu Programme Intern – YOUR NAME: By 9am Wednesday 24th January 2024.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- ArtGlo is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals from minority groups are equally
encouraged to apply.