Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO)
Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a locally registered nongovernmental organization (NGO) established in 1995 to complement Government’s efforts in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health related issues. MACRO’s Vision is “Malawi populace free of ill-Health” and its Mission is “Transform lives of Malawians through the provision of high quality HIV and AIDS, and other health related services”.
Currently, applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill vacant positions in different districts.
The Treatment Supporter will provide patient-centered psychosocial care and support to People Living with HIV through provision health education, treatment literacy and motivational messages to people living with HIV to enhance adherence to treatment and viral suppression. Using the Project’s case management guides the incumbent will ensure People Living with HIV at the risk of treat interruption are enrolled in case management for tailor made interventions. Developing tracing plan at the facility and supporting conduction of Tracing activity for defaulted/missed care & treatment milestone. Treatment supporters will be responsible to create a friendly environment free of stigma and discrimination, and provide intensive adherence counselling to all clients with High viral load to achieve viral suppression.
- Screening People Living with HIV for risks for treatment interruptions and high viral load using Project screening tool
- Enrolling all eligible clients in case management using risk stratification and case management tools
- Identifying and developing intervention plans for risks/Barriers to care and treatment for all clients in case management
- Tracking appointments for all milestones; retention and viral load milestones for all clients in case management
- Developing weekly tracing plan for tracing defaulters, missed appointment, missed EID milestones, clients with missed viral load milestones and advanced HIV Disease.
- Tracing all allocated case types within the given period and updating LOE
- Regularly conducting home visits for all case types within walkable or demarcated bicycle tracing distance
- Provide comprehensive individualized quality counseling to promote linkage to care, adherence and continuity in treatment, including but not limited to pre-ART, disclosure, Positive living and Welcome services, including community services.
- Providing HIV Testing Services to clients according to National HIV Testing Guidelines for Malawi
- Provide patients with referrals i.e. escorting HIV+ clients from HIV testing services to ART clinic, and also escorting PrEP clients
- Provide individual client and group education, pre-testing counselling, HIV Testing and post-test counselling using standard protocols outlined in the approved MoH HTS guidelines.
- Provide accurate and timely information to clients about availability of HIV prevention, treatment including benefits and importance of partner testing.
- Conduct targeted HIV Testing strategies like pediatric testing, index testing, social networking strategy and HIVST
- Ensure effective client referral and linkages to other supportive services including ART treatment and care, STI services, VMMC, PrEP.
- Comply with MACRO data collection and reporting requirements, including submission of daily, weekly and monthly reports.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; fluent in relevant local languages,
- Demonstrated experience working with health facility structures such as DHOs, will be an advantage.
- Ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently.
- Knowledge of computer skills e.g. Word, Excel and Email (Outlook) will be added advantage.
- Ability to work in a complex environment charged with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- MSCE and Certified HIV Testing Services providers (HTC Counsellors)
- Those with Diploma in Psychosocial counselling will have added advantages
- Fluent in English
- Ability to effectively present information in both written and oral forms.
- Experience in working with People Living with HIV
Method Of Application
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three traceable referees to The Executive Director, Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 17th November, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com