Malawi Telecommunications Limited (MTL)
Malawi Telecommunications Limited (MTL) Technical Division has new employment opportunities as part of Network improvement programme towards improved customer-focused services and greater productivity. We are inviting young dynamic, highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our Engineering team to propel the growth of the next generation of fixed and mobile networks. The following vacancy tenable at its offices in Blantyre is open:
1. Transmission Engineer
The main purpose of the job is to plan and implement transmission networks, both wireless and fibre links.
Duties will include, but not necessarily limited to:
- Transmission network planning and implementation
- Conducts research, evaluates and recommends new transmission technologies
- Prepares and updates Network Maps and transmission network diagrams
- Participates in drawing up of Requests for Proposals (RFP), evaluation of tender documents and compiling reports for technical evaluation results
- Participates in preparation and drawing up of annual budgets for transmission projects
- Ensures transmission network is documentation, updated and that reports are accurate and delivered on time.
- Takes lead in Radio Access Network optimization.
- Ensures full utilization of allocated spectrum in all wireless technologies such as 4G, Microwave links, WiFi
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and attributes:
- University degree from accredited institution of Higher Learning in a relevant field (Electrical and Electronic Engineering or Telecommunications or Computer Science / IT) is a must.
- Understanding of Radio frequency properties and applications.
- 2 – 4 years experience in radio network planning and performance optimization.
- Excellent understanding of Radio Network Architecture and Algorithms
- Basic qualifications in IP/DATA Knowledge of Physical networking Telecommunications (radio transmission)
- Basic knowledge in fiber optic
- Proven experience in drawing and documentation tools for IP, Fiber and Radio Network Google Earth and GIS Skills
- Radio propagation path analysis tools
- Passion for learning and enthusiastic about acquiring new skills and embracing new technologies.
- Confident communicator, a team player and possess excellent attention to detail.
- Method of Application
- Interested candidates should submit their applications together with their curriculum vitae and names and addresses of three traceable referees to the Chief Executive Officer of MTL. Those that applied before should not reapply.Only applications submitted electronically to HR17079@MTL.mw