World Vision Malawi
In an effort to continue reducing the burden of Malaria in Malawi, the Government through the Ministry of Health and World Vision Malawi are supporting implementation of Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) Campaign in Nkhata Bay, Balaka and Mangochi Districts in 2023 through 35 operational sites. The IRS will be carried out with funding from Global Fund. The campaigns will be conducted over the course of 36 working days, beginning on or about Mid October, 2023. The IRS targets to cover 560,163 eligible structures and, protecting an estimated 1,941,264 people.
It is for this reason that World Vision is seeking to fill various Temporary Staff Positions for the IRS implementation in Mangochi, Balaka and Nkhata-bay District. These positions will be based at various operational sites in the District.
TEMPORARY SITE MANAGERS (35 Positions at various rural locations in Nkhatabay, Balaka & Mangochi Districts) Allowance of MWK20,000/day
- Provides overall oversight, leadership, and management of IRS activities at operations site level:
- Responsible for overseeing daily administrative operations for the operations site, including allocation of spray teams to supervisors and team leaders;
- Supervises and provides direction to all Temporary Workers at the operation sites level;
- Responsible for managing operations site level project deliverables including planning and coordination of all activities for IRS program in collaboration with the District Coordinator:
- Leads efforts in facilitating activities at the operation site level; ensure timely implementation and smooth operation of program spraying activities;
- Provides oversight on property management and inventory control at the operations site;
- Collaborate with District Coordinators in facilitating and conducting training programs for IRS spray operators team leaders, pump technicians, washers, and guards at operations site level;
- Ensures a strong integration and coordination between mobilizers and spray teams at the operations site level during spray operations.
- In collaboration with the sprayer supervisor and MoH Cluster supervisor, ensure that villages to be sprayed the following day have been prepared (according to the spray calendar).
- Conducts daily morning briefings to the entire site team and assign teams to target villages based on the spray calendar.
- Liaises with M&E team on data quality checks, including data verification
- Manage data from mobilization, spray and verification, (which includes data collection, submission and filing at site level)
- Consolidates, summarizes and reports site level data
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health or Public Health from accredited institution a Minimum of 2 years of experience in a related field; Experience of working with the Ministry of Health, or any Health Institution is an added advantage
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and willingness to learn
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft word, excel, power point and email
- Strong in report writing
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Candidates with prior IRS training and experience will have an added advantage.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Method Of Application
Clearly indicating the position you’re applying for on the envelope, candidates who meet the above requirements should submit the application letter, copies of certificates, copy of Malawi National Registration Identity Card and detailed CV with contact information (including telephone number), and their referees to the following addresses;
The Chairperson, Appointment and Disciplinary Committee; Nkhatabay, Balaka & Mangochi Districts as follows:
Nkhata Bay District Council,
P.O. Box 1
Balaka District Council,
Private Bag 1
Mangochi District Council,
P.O. Box 138
- All applicants will undergo a medical examination test which includes a pregnancy test for female applicants.
- Civil servants and government interns are NOT allowed to apply
- Applicants must apply for one position and in one district only. Applicants who breach this requirement shall have their applications not considered.
World Vision Malawi does not use agents, nor solicit any form of payments for any application, training, interviewing, testing or any fees in connection with this recruitment. Report any acts of solicitation for payment and/or extortion to World Vision Malawi on the following; Tip offs Toll Free Line 847: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 05th May, 2023. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.