Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Research Manager, the temporary enumerator will be responsible for administering questionnaires and leading the qualitative discussions for MOMENTUM’s assessments. S/he will be responsible for transcribing and cleaning all data collected during the assessments.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in all trainings and orientations regarding the data collection tools.
- Read enumeration area maps to identify sampled EAs.
- Conduct household listing and site sampling.
- Administer paper based or electronic based tools to study participants.
- Translate data collection tools into different languages as appropriate.
- Participate in pre-testing exercise of the data collection tools.
- Explaining study procedures to respondents to ensure that they understand the process.
- Conducting interviews and FGDs with respondents to collect information about their experiences with various services.
- Maintaining confidentiality when collecting sensitive information such as health status.
- Recording data from surveys or questionnaires on paper forms and computer or tablets for statistical analysis.
- Enter all paper-based data into relevant data entry templates.
- Conduct verbatim transcription for all qualitative information.
- Support MEL team with data analysis as may be required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, community development, public health or any related field.
- Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative surveys in health fields such as maternal, neonatal, child health and family planning strongly preferred.
- Experience in moderating focus group discussions.
- Knowledge and experience in using mobile data collections applications such kobo collect, ODK, survey CTO etc
- Experience in conducting verbatim qualitative data transcription using Express Scribe Transcription Software.
- Proficiency in using computer packages such as Ms word, excel and PowerPoint.
- Being organized to ensure completion of duties on time.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
To apply for this job please visit palladium.csod.com.