ACTIONAID INTERNATIONAL IN MALAWI
ActionAid Malawi(AAM) was established in 1990 under the country Agreement signed with the Government of Malawi and in 2007 registered as a local organization under the companies Act. AAM is implementing a three-year Adolescent Girls and Young Women(AGYW) Project (2021- 2023) under the Joint HIV/TB Global Fund program in Mangochi. The overall goal of the AGYW program is to reduce new HIV infections among adolescent girls and young women aged 10-24 hence contributing towards achievement of 90: 90; 90 targets stipulated in the Malawi National Strategic Plan of HIV.
AAM seeks to engage on temporary basis the services of highly motivated Project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer on a temporary basis (2 months). The Temporary MEAL Officer will work in close collaboration with the program team to lead M&E activities for a project entitled “‘Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) in Mangochi”. The position will be responsible for developing, updating, and coordinating monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities and events within the AGYW Programme,building the capacity of AGYW project staff, district partners in M&E, and promoting MEAL knowledge transfer internally.
Position : Temporary Project MEAL Officer
Duration : 2 months
Reporting to : Program Manager
Duty station : Mangochi
Report date: 22nd May 2023
Major Duties and responsibilities
MEAL Tool Development and Data Management
- Develop/adopt and implement a robust project monitoring and evaluation system that will ensure tracking of project results at different levels (outputs, outcomes and impact).
- Develop/ Adopt project database and ensure accountability through regular data updates, data integrity.
- Work with programme team and manager to ensure the collection of relevant and appropriate data needed for an effective MEAL system which will be utilized in monitoring strengths, weaknesses and gaps for the project for reporting.
- Review existing data collection tools for the AGYW project.
- Incorporate field and technical team feedback to ensure the continuous improvement of data management systems within AGYW Project.
- Timely update and share database updates
Monitoring and Reporting
- Conduct data collection, tracking, cleaning analysis and generate reports for the AGYW project.
- Maintain and update the AGYW indicator tracker based on submissions from peer educators, matrons and other data sources
- Carry out routine data quality assessments/ audits regularly to guide decision making
- Provide alert to the programme officers/ manager on corrective actions related to data quality, including flagging out issues and risks requiring timely actions.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the project.
Assessments, Surveys and Evaluation
- Liaise with the Project Manager to initiate and develop tools for end of project evaluation as per AAM standards.
- Ensure that AAM country office learns from the end of project evaluation for decision making and improvement of project designs.
- Lead and/or coordinate all project assessments, evaluations and performance evaluation tasks including planning and reporting on the same.
- Coordinate the preparation and review of all project reports to ensure quality and accurate reporting.
Learning, Accountability and Capacity Building
- Prepare relevant evidence-based reports to ensure learning and programme quality improvement.
- Build capacity of staff through training to ensure adoption of new data monitoring techniques and data quality.
- Keep abreast of new approaches and tools on M&E and provide capacity building to AGYW staff as needed.
- Enable staff to monitor and evaluate their own efforts, gather relevant data and produce required progress reports.
- Facilitate data quality improvements sessions
- Develop program strategies that are in line with AGYW program priorities and appropriately based on MEAL standards
- Support in the development and implementation of a clear supportive supervision and mentorship tools
- Provide technical leadership in the review of project outcomes and utilization of project data to prioritize interventions
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Monitoring & Evaluation; population, demography studies or social sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the field of programme/project planning, management, and monitoring/evaluation of large-scale projects
- Substantive knowledge and experience in population, reproductive and sexual health, youth and gender programming.
- Demonstrated experience in data processing and management of large-scale projects
- Demonstrated experience of statistical packages and/ or data analysis software (e.g. SPSS, Excel, Epi Info, SMART, STAT 01) and advanced computer skills (word-processing, spread sheets, and databases) are a must.
Method Of Application
Interested individuals should apply by email only to : Recruitment.Malawi@actionaid.org Submission should be made by 5pm, 14 May 2023.
ActionAid Malawi welcomes applications from all sections of community and promotes diversity. All applications will be considered on their individual merit. Suitably qualified candidates, especially women are encouraged to apply. Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruitment.Malawi@actionaid.org