Focus on Ability Society (FOAS)
Focus on Ability Society (FOAS) is a youth led and growing Malawian non-profit making organisation with headquarters in Blantyre. FOAS was founded in 2016 and got registered by Malawi Government in 2019 under the Trustees Incorporation Act (CAP. 5:03). Since 2017, every year FOAS runs the Disability awareness programme popularly known as Focus on Ability Short Film Festival.
The organisation works in the focal areas of Disability, Women and Youth social economic empowerment, Health and Behavioral Change, Gender Equality, Agribusiness. In its all programmes, the organisation believes in the incorporation of multimedia and documentary- filmmaking to raise awareness and inspire the communities by telling stories about abilities of people with disability and other marginalised people in Malawi.
To expand its programming and kick start new gender equality programme, the following exciting and challenging job openings have arisen:
Temporary Programmes Manager (1 post) (with possible extension subject to funding and performance)
At Focus on Ability Society, we are looking a Programmes Manager with skills in proposal development and writing and fundraising. The Programmes Manager who will be reporting the Executive Director will oversee the management of all outreach programmes in Disability, Women ant Youth social economic empowerment, Health and Behavioral Change, Gender Equality, Agribusiness and ICT training in conjunction with the appropriate project officers and will work closely with our Finance & Administration Officer. He/she will be one of the senior key staff moving the organisation forward in its key sustainable strategic goals.
- Organising programmes and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organisation.
- Developing new programmes to support the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Creating and managing long-term goals.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the programme.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess programme strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Writing programme funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including community and client satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of programme status throughout its life cycle.
- Analysing programme risks.
- Working on strategy with the marketing team.
Programmes Manager Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Social Work, Community Development, or related field.
- Proven experience in programme management.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience in managing a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Confidence with public speaking.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Understanding of project management.
Mode of Application
Qualified and interested individuals should send their cover/application letter, updated CV and copies of certificates by email to the Executive Director by 31st August 2022 at 5pm Malawi time to the following Focus on Ability Society (FOAS), P.O. Box 40094, Soche, Blantyre 4.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org