World Vision Malawi
In an effort to continue reducing the burden of Malaria in Malawi, the Government through the Ministry of Health and World Vision Malawi are supporting implementation of Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) Campaign in Nkhata Bay, Balaka and Mangochi Districts in 2023 through 35 operational sites. The IRS will be carried out with funding from Global Fund. The campaigns will be conducted over the course of 36 working days, beginning on or about Mid October, 2023. The IRS targets to cover 560,163 eligible structures and, protecting an estimated 1,941,264 people.
It is for this reason that World Vision is seeking to fill various Temporary Staff Positions for the IRS implementation in Mangochi, Balaka and Nkhata-bay District. These positions will be based at various operational sites in the District.
TEMPORARY MONITORING AND EVALUATION ASSISTANTS (35 Positions at various rural locations in Nkhatabay, Balaka & Mangochi Districts). Allowance of MWK15,000/day
- Receives and registers mobilization forms form IC assistants
- Compiles summarizes mobilization data and reports to the district coordinator
- Facilitates trainings on M&E for Spray operators
- Follows up and obtains data quality feedback from Team Leaders and Supervisors on a daily basis:
- Receives and registers Spray Operation forms from Spray Supervisors on daily basis;
- Receives and files tear leader’s forms from spray supervisors at operation site
- Advise Supervisors and Team leaders about errors to facilitate timely correction
- Facilitates deliver of spray forms to the data Centre on a daily basis
- Liaises with data clerks in resolving any data completeness issues and geographical information
- Conducts Data Collection Verification in the field and Error Elimination Checks at the data Centre.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum Diploma in M&E, Development studies or Statistics from accredited institution
- Ability to multitask, have leadership and supervision skills:
- Willingness to work during odd hours
- Competent in using online database;
- Computer literate in MS word, Excel and power point;
- Experience in data entry and cleaning;
- Candidates with prior IRS training and experience will have an added advantage
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Method Of Application
Clearly indicating the position you’re applying for on the envelope, candidates who meet the above requirements should submit the application letter, copies of certificates, copy of Malawi National Registration Identity Card and detailed CV with contact information (including telephone number), and their referees to the following addresses;
The Chairperson, Appointment and Disciplinary Committee; Nkhatabay, Balaka & Mangochi Districts as follows:
Nkhata Bay District Council,
P.O. Box 1
Balaka District Council,
Private Bag 1
Mangochi District Council,
P.O. Box 138
- All applicants will undergo a medical examination test which includes a pregnancy test for female applicants.
- Civil servants and government interns are NOT allowed to apply
- Applicants must apply for one position and in one district only. Applicants who breach this requirement shall have their applications not considered.
World Vision Malawi does not use agents, nor solicit any form of payments for any application, training, interviewing, testing or any fees in connection with this recruitment. Report any acts of solicitation for payment and/or extortion to World Vision Malawi on the following; Tip offs Toll Free Line 847: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 05th May, 2023. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.