Story Workshop Educational Trust (SWET)
Story Workshop Educational Trust (SWET) is a leading local, independent, non-profit and non-partisan development media NGO that has been operational in Malawi since 1997.
SWET uses radio, video/TV and theatre for development (TFD) and theatre for policy advocacy (PA) to promote education, health, food security, good governance, human rights and environmental management in order to contribute towards a well-informed, healthy, self-reliant and food-secure rural population that practices democratic values.
In order to effectively realise its objectives and achieve strategic growth, SWET would like to hire highly qualified, experienced, self-motivated, team-oriented and mature individuals, who are willing to work in a busy NGO environment, to the vacancy as outlined below:
TEMPORARY FINANCE OFFICER (One position)
Reporting to the Acting Head of Finance and Administration, s/he will provide support in the management of SWET finances, processing financial requests, liquidations, financial reporting, and ensure efficiency and effectiveness in SWET’s finance and administrative activities.
- Preparation of bank reconciliation and cash book
- Preparation of expenses reports
- Handling of donors and external auditors Posting vouchers to the accounting system Writing of cheques and requisition for all projects
- Preparation of payment vouchers
- Handling of staff advances from field trips
- Any other duties assign by supervisor
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a Diploma in Accounting and those with a Degree in Accounting will have an added advantage.
- At least two years’ experience in a similar position in a local or international Non Governmental organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Capable of preparing budgets, monthly finance management reports in a timely manner
- Ability to deal with donors, partners and stakeholders in a professional manner
- Exhibition of a mature and professional disposition
- Ability to work with minimum supervision Demonstrable integrity and ability to promote SWET core values and maintain professional ethical standards at all times Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills in relevant packages
Terms of employment:
The successful candidate will be employed on a temporary basis for a period not less than two months.
Method Of Application
If you think you meet the job specifications and you are interested to work in an exciting and challenging environment, submit your application letter, photocopies of your original certificates, and an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with at least three traceable references to:
The Executive Director
Story Workshop Educational Trust
E-mail: email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Address: Smythe Road, Sunnyside, Blantyre
Your application should reach SWET not later than Saturday, 4th November 2023. Only short-listed applications will be acknowledged.
SWET is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply!