Lilongwe District Council
LILONGWE DISTRICT COUNCIL
The Lilongwe District as an equal opportunity employer invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill vacant positions tenable in the district as follows:
POST: Temporary Enumerator
LOCATION: Various Traditional Authorities in the District
EMPLOYMENT TYPE; Contract (Performance Related)
- Conducting Household interviews in rural settings using Android tablets or smartphones;
- Collecting GPS coordinates at every household;
- Conducting extensive and through visual surveys;
- Writing the UBR/household code on the door or wall of every interviewed household.
- Applicants must possess at least a minimum of a Diploma in Community
Development, Social Science, Social work, Statistics, Information Technology and Economics obtained from a recognized institution;
- Must be not more than 40 years old during the time of engagement;
- Must have a valid National ID whose QR code can be scanned;
- Availability during the entire period of data collection and be able to work during weekends;
- Those having proven experience in data collection using tablets/smart phones in rural settings and major national surveys such as the Malawi population and Housing Census, Malawi Demographic and Health Survey (MDHS), and the Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey (MICS), Unified Beneficiary Registry Surveys, Integrated Household Survey (HIS) among others and those having degree in the mentioned fields will have an added advantage.
- Ability to use tablets or smartphone
- Ability to work in rural settings
- Familiarity with ODK application
- Good communication skills and unquestionable character
- Strong and positive personality
Method Of Application
Those meeting the requirements and skills should send application letters, with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), contact telephone numbers, photocopies of relevant certificates, a photocopy of National Identity Card on both sides enclosed in an envelope.
Appointment and Disciplinary Committee
P.O Box 93
The closing date for receipts of application is on 22nd November, 2023 before close of business. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and invited for interviews.