World Vision Malawi
In an effort to continue reducing the burden of Malaria in Malawi, the Government through the Ministry of Health and World Vision Malawi are supporting implementation of Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) Campaign in Nkhata Bay, Balaka and Mangochi Districts in 2023 through 35 operational sites. The IRS will be carried out with funding from Global Fund. The campaigns will be conducted over the course of 36 working days, beginning on or about Mid October, 2023. The IRS targets to cover 560,163 eligible structures and, protecting an estimated 1,941,264 people.
It is for this reason that World Vision is seeking to fill various Temporary Staff Positions for the IRS implementation in Mangochi, Balaka and Nkhata-bay District. These positions will be based at various operational sites in the District.
TEMPORARY DATA ENTRY CLERKS (42 Positions, Nkhatabay, Balaka & Mangochi Districts) Allowance of MWK15,000/day
- Reviews data and correct any inconsistencies on daily data forms;
- Makes sure all data forms are entered according to defined variables;
- Verifying data and ensuring entries are correct on daily basis;
- Ensures that data is sorted and organized before it is entered into the system;
- Works closely with project Database Manager to correct data entry issues;
- Syncs the database on daily basis;
- Maintains database security;
- Marks and files entered forms in the cabinets or box files;
- Works closely with M&E Assistants on data accuracy and completeness;
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned supervisors from time to time.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum Diploma in IT, Statistics or Computer Science from accredited institution
- 1-year experience in data entry and supervision of data teams;
- Willingness to work during odd hours;
- Experience in using DHIS2 database is an added advantage;
- Candidates with prior IRS training and experience will have an added advantage.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Method Of Application
Clearly indicating the position you’re applying for on the envelope, candidates who meet the above requirements should submit the application letter, copies of certificates, copy of Malawi National Registration Identity Card and detailed CV with contact information (including telephone number), and their referees to the following addresses;
The Chairperson, Appointment and Disciplinary Committee; Nkhatabay, Balaka & Mangochi Districts as follows:
Nkhata Bay District Council,
P.O. Box 1
Balaka District Council,
Private Bag 1
Mangochi District Council,
P.O. Box 138
- All applicants will undergo a medical examination test which includes a pregnancy test for female applicants.
- Civil servants and government interns are NOT allowed to apply
- Applicants must apply for one position and in one district only. Applicants who breach this requirement shall have their applications not considered.
World Vision Malawi does not use agents, nor solicit any form of payments for any application, training, interviewing, testing or any fees in connection with this recruitment. Report any acts of solicitation for payment and/or extortion to World Vision Malawi on the following; Tip offs Toll Free Line 847: email@example.com
Closing date is 05th May, 2023. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.