Population Services International
Population Services International
PSI Malawi is affiliated to Population Service International, a Washington DC based non-governmental and nonprofit making organization. PSI Malawi mission is to support low income and at- risk Malawians to lead healthier lives through the provision and promotion of quality products and services, in line with the Government of Malawi goals. To accomplish its mission, PSI Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of Temporary Data Entry Clerk
Reporting to the MERL Coordinator, the Temporary Data Entry Clerk will be responsible for establishment of data entry priorities, implementation and maintenance of high data quality standards and M&E SOP guidelines at site level, strengthen M&E systems and functional areas of the data management and reporting system at site level. Specifically, he/she will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities;
- Review data, identify discrepancies and correct errors with the team lead before entry to ensure quality of the data generated at site level.
- Identify missing pages, or missing information and resolves
- Verify integrity of databy comparing it to source documents.
- Maintain a filing system and protects confidential client information.
- Resolve deficiencies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution before entry
- Maintain database by entering new and updated client information.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Review client intake forms for data deficiencies.
- Maintain data entry requirements by following data SOP’s
- Monitor availability of sufficient tools for data collection
- Purge files to eliminate duplication of data.
- Secure information by completing data base backups.
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes.
- Maintain client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Perform regular grams data quality assessments with lead from the MERL Officer
- Facilitate and identify site level data challenges
Qualification, Knowledge, Ability and Skills
- Applicants must possess Certificate or Diploma in IT, Computer Science, Statistics, Demography, M&E certificate with 2- 3 years’ hands on experience in data entry
- Must have excellent attention to detail ability to multitask effectively.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Comfortable working independently with minimal supervision.
Mode of Application
Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their application letters together with detailed curriculum vitae with names and contact details of at least three traceable referees by 15th July 2022, to The Head of Human Resources, PSI Malawi, Box 30132, Lilongwe through: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as a subject line.
PSI Malawi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or related medical conditions. PSI maintains zero tolerance for child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitative acts or threats by our employees, consultants, volunteers, contractors or anyone associated with the delivery of our programs and services, and takes seriously all complaints of misconduct brought to our attention.