Seureca is seeking a part-time Team Leader for a project in Malawi to support the Client in the successful implementation of a construction project.
The construction project includes the following :
- A Water Treatment Plant
- Transmission lines
- Water Supply network
- A Hydropower Plant
He/she will be responsible for :
- Updating the procurement plan
- Ensuring a good coordination with the various stakeholders and financiers
- Ensuring a smooth bidding process and contract management
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have a minimum MSc degree in Civil Engineering or academic degree equivalent in civil
engineering, water and sanitation engineering or equivalent qualification;
- Being a Registered Professional Engineer in the field of Civil Engineering by a recognised Professional Body would be a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
General professional experience
- General experience of a minimum of fifteen (15) years of working experience;
- A minimum of ten (10) years overall experience in water and sanitation related to urban water supply systems, especially in the area of feasibility studies, detailed designs and bidding
procedures, and implementation related to Bulk Water Supply/Water treatment and
Specific professional experience
- Must demonstrate at least two (2) years of experience in managing technical assistance to
utilities in implementing infrastructure projects with a minimum investment of 30 million euros
- Proven relevant experience in capacity building for public utilities.
- Experience in a similar role in projects implemented in sub-Saharan Africa would be an
The total duration of the Technical Assistance is 36 months.
To apply for this job please visit www.developmentaid.org.