Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non-governmental partners. In 2020, EGPAF’s global footprint spans 15 countries. To date, EGPAF has supported over 15,000 sites to offer HIV counselling, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services alongside high-quality family health care. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence-based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 177 health facilities in nine districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) – funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi.
EGPAF seeks to fill the following open temporary positions for this project:
Position : System Analyst (2)
Location : Lilongwe
Reporting to: Senior Business Analyst
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
The core purpose of the position is to develop systems of the Foundation through analysis of internal processes, plans, code and flow charts processes, interact with clients to analyze system requirements and recommends technology solution to improve operations of the business.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
- Develop systems by analysing internal processes and requirements and translate these into technical specifications
- Analyse business processes and requirements and propose technical specifications
- Create, analyse and document testing schedules
- Create and deliver training documentation
- Analyse plans, determine requirements, designs, builds, and customize, tests and implements.
- Review Code and flowchart processes
- Provide professional customer support for system-related software and/or hardware issues, needs, or requirements.
- Interact with clients to analyse system requirements; recommends technology solutions to improve operations.
- Prepare technical documentation, procedural plans, reports, correspondence and other documents; participates on committees and task forces; attend meetings, conferences and training sessions.
- Provide after hours technology support as assigned.
- Interact with clients to analyse their business requirements and recommend technology solutions; identifiy and map business processes; gather user requirements.
- Write application and/or system design specifications, design application and/or system flow diagrams, schematics, file structures, reports, forms and menus; prepare a definition of the problem, the desired output, and performance requirements.
- Coordinate design, development and implement processes with system programmers, network analysts, database administrators, and server administrators to implement new or modified application software.
- Perform various system quality assurance activities; tests, troubleshoot and debugs system issues using appropriate technology; prepare and execute testing plans to validate functionality and resolve issues.
- Serve as main client interface on all aspects of application development projects; for software, be part of coordinating team for project activities with stakeholders; maintain effective communication with users regarding stakeholder activities, problems, status, timelines and other details; ensures compliance with County specifications and drive resolution of identified software bugs and deficiencies.
- Conduct training pertaining to the use of new applications or systems for users and/or other information technology staff.
To be successful, you will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in computer science, information systems, information technology or a closely related field; direct experience at least (1) year in specific functional area listed above.
- Principles, methods and techniques used in designing, developing, testing and implementing software systems.
- Data processing techniques
- Information system development lifecycle and design principles using flowcharting techniques and prototype development tools.
- Basic project management principles and techniques such as organizing and managing a project, developing schedules, identifying critical paths, and breaking down a project into individual tasks.
- Structured analysis and database concepts.
- Plan, organize, prioritize and process work to ensure that deadlines are met.
Bonus Points if you:
- Should have the ability to inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. He/she also facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals.
- Should have the ability to anticipate and meet the needs of internal and external customers while delivering high-quality products and services and being committed to continuous improvement.
- Should be able to make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences. He/she will also perceive the impact and implications of decisions.
- Basic knowledge in Building and maintaining SQL queries, creates SQL stored procedures, or develops SQL extract scripts to populate data warehouse.
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B), and we strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: Black, indigenous, people of color, and other members of historically underrepresented communities.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested qualified candidates should send their expressions of interest, enclosing copies of their certificates and a detailed current Curriculum.
To apply log onto EGPAF webpage: https://www.pedaids.org/about/careers
Closing date: 27th January, 2024