The team you would join:
The Sun King Shop Executive will ensure that the overall performance targets of the store are met both in terms of quality and quantity
What you would be expected to do:
- Receive, store and issue stocks in the shops via the POS system, Angaza and any other system as advised. Single point of contact for all inventory allocated to the area headquarters
- Customer Service: Answer and offer appropriate guidance to all customers (existing, walk-in and prospective customers), ensuring they receive best in class assistance
- Stock holding – weekly
- Store management – System failures, Alarm performance, repairs, security issues etc
- Customer service – Customer complaints, warranty claims, 1st Screening reports etc.
- Products availability in the field
- Safeguard company assets to avoid losses and damage and ensure risk aversion in running the shop facilities.
- Ensure the shop is presentable always – valid trading licenses, shop cleanliness, floor arrangement, product handling, OSHA audit certificates etc.
- Track and update the headquarters on any changes in regulation that affect the store operations
- Provide maximum assistance to the sales team in stock management, sales generation, and maintaining best-in-class relationships with energy officers and team leaders in the AHQ.
- Ensure all shop expenses are tracked and reported as directed.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned to you from time to time
You might be a strong candidate if you:
- Hold a Degree/ Diploma or equivalent from a recognised institution.
- Possess at least two years of experience in a similar role – preferably in a customer-facing and stock management role.
- Can clearly and straight to the point communicate fluently in both written and spoken English and Portuguese.
- Have strong computer skills – MS Excel skill is mandatory.
- Have experience in the use of technology – smartphone and web-based applications.
- Possess a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Can demonstrate sound judgment and excellent communication, presentation and reporting skills.
What we offer (in addition to compensation and statutory benefits):
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast-growing, high impact industry;
- The chance to work in an open-minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing an innovative, sustainable business with a profound impact on the world;
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
About Sun King
Greenlight Planet designs, distributes, and finances the purchase of solar powered home energy solutions for the world’s 1.3 billion under-electrified consumers. We are market leaders in the distributed off-grid solar industry, and our Sun King™ products have enabled 76 million people around the world to access clean, reliable, solar powered light and energy at home.
Sun King products range from portable solar lamps, to more robust multi-light solar home systems, to solar powered televisions and fans and energy efficient inverter bulbs. Our products drastically improve quality of life for those that lack reliable electricity access: they help extend the number of productive, income generating hours in a day; they enable children to study after dark; they allow families and communities to gather safely to socialize after sunset; and when replacing field based sources of light like kerosene lamps, they reduce exposure to indoor air pollution.
We reach our customers through two distinct business models: a vast network of more than 300 distribution partners across 40 countries, and through our EasyBuy™ Direct sales channel, where we sell directly to consumers in India, Kenya, Myanmar, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia through a network of more than 15,000 commission sales agents. Our customers have the option to purchase these products up front or to pay for them through an installment payment plan over a period of 4-18 months through our Sun King EasyBuy™ line, our technology enabled ‘pay-as-you-go’ (PAYG) systems.
Greenlight employs close to 2000 people in 11 countries across sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. We are passionate about serving off-grid customers, and we are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world.
Greenlight is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Women represent 47% of Greenlight’s workforce.