Bantwana Initiative of World Education Inc.
The Bantwana Initiative of World Education Inc. (WEI/Bantwana) seeks a qualified SRH and HIV Integration/Evaluation Consultant to conduct a baseline assessment for a new GiZ funded pilot in Mangochi District aimed at operationalizing integration for SRH and HIV services for Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) in six pilot clinic/community catchment areas.
Job Title: SRH and HIV Integration/Evaluation Consultant
Reports to: Country Director
Location : Mangochi, Malawi
Level of Effort: 18 days
Duration: December 1, 2022 – January 20, 2023
The SRH and HIV Integration /Evaluation Consultant will be responsible for conducting a baseline assessment of the GiZ funded Integrated Services for AGYW (ISA) pilot. The purpose of the baseline assessment is to capture a “before snapshot” of the degree of integration of SRH and HIV services for adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in the project’s six clinic/community catchment areas. The baseline assessment should use both quantitative and qualitative methodologies and should focus on the following domains:
- Coordination of services between platforms (i.e. clinics, mobile outreach, community outreach, alternative spaces (clubs), and pop-up events – open days, youth fairs);
- Coordination between sectors (i.e. health and social services);
- Existing referral systems and referral completion rates; and
- Level of participation of AGYW in monitoring the delivery of integrated services.
The qualitative methods should include revising the Youth Friendly Health Services scorecard, as well as listening sessions with clinical providers, AGYW, community service providers, and District Stakeholders.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop an inception report (including assessment framework and data collection tools) that will use a combination of quantitative and qualitative measures to capture a before snapshot of the integration of SRH and HIV services for AGYW in the targeted catchment areas. The inception report should detail plans for revising/updating the Youth Friendly Health Services Scorecard as part of the baseline assessment.
- Present the inception report to WEI/Bantwana and District stakeholders, and revise the inception report based on feedback.
- Pilot data collection tools and refine as needed
- Work Closely with the ISA Integration coordinator to plan all logistics related to data collection
- Collect and Analyze data
- Prepare Preliminary Findings
- Facilitate a validation meeting to present preliminary findings to WEI/Bantwana and District Stakeholders
- Revise baseline report based on feedback from validation meeting and submit final baseline assessment report
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Inception plan (includes detailed methodology and data collection tools)
- Revised YFHS Scorecard
- PPT synthesizing preliminary results of the baseline assessment presented to stakeholders during validation session
- Baseline assessment report
- Advanced degree in public health or Social Sciences, or any related field, with at least 8 progressive years of experience as a Specialist with a reputable NGO or donor agency.
- Demonstrated expertise in SRH and HIV integration for AGYW
- Demonstrated expertise in leading evaluations and managing teams
- Demonstrated experience in participatory methods and using community scorecards
- Demonstrated expertise in working with district and national stakeholders in Malawi
- Excellent facilitation and writing skills
- Substantial experience in at least two of the following technical areas: HIV prevention; adolescent friendly reproductive health services; participatory methodologies; youth programming.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter, CV, and three references to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. The deadline for applications is November 22, 2022 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.