Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non-governmental partners. In 2020, EGPAF’s global footprint spans 15 countries. To date, EGPAF has supported over 15,000 sites to offer HIV counselling, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services alongside high-quality family health care.
Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence-based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 179 health facilities in nine districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) – funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi.
The incumbent will, in collaboration with business analysts, design, develop and build features and software of new and existing electronic systems and implement software specifications through following of best practices and formatting guidelines. The incumbent will build tests to ensure specification completeness, document the code and will also provide support for running projects.
Specific job-related training will be provided through in-house training to familiarize / enable the incumbent to perform their duties in accordance with policies, procedures of EGPAF and its cooperating partners.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Design and develop software features for new and current electronic data systems for clients in line with program specification and requirements. This will be done according to best practices and formatting guidelines. EGPAF will be developing a number of new modules and will increasingly give attention to the reporting and data cleaning features, for each of the current and new modules.
- Write tests to ensure that automated software development tests are thoroughly done prior to release of software module and then updated and maintained for all sites.
- Work with the business analyst team to create the overall design for the software applications, describe how the different modules will interact and what components will be required. This will be done in close cooperation with the Software Architect, to ensure that all EGPAF software modules can interact with each other. This will give the overall benefit that patient data can be shared where relevant and required and it also ensures that EGPAF does not re-create parts that had been developed for other applications.
- Support the current systems in collaboration with the Software Support Department. Provide support in terms of adding features to current existing systems, make modifications, debug errors of the system. Organize and plan feature demands coming through the help-desk. Presence at the site when a new system goes live will be required from time to time.
- Adhere and Contribute to the improvement of followed (standard operating procedures) for documentation of software modules, which will then be used by all developers.
- Document and maintain system documentation (i.e., setup/installation documentation, change log).
- Participate in meetings as required. Give advice to clients and users, based on their requirements.
- Do code reviews.
Required Qualifications and key Competencies:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or any relevant qualification.
- At least 3 years of progressive work experience in software development, designing (sample project and code required).
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and Chichewa languages
- The job holder will have an in-depth knowledge of software and basic knowledge of hardware
- The position requires ability to work with modern front-end and back-end programming languages
- Able to multi-task, work independently, mature and able to work under time-pressure
- The position requires excellent interpersonal skills as well as skills in client support and contributing to high level meetings
- Able to write software specifications based on information and observations
- In-depth knowledge of SQL
Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of PEPFAR programs and health systems in Malawi.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines while producing quality content.
- Comfortable working long hours if needed
- Ability to translate user requirements into functional specifications
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral, presentation, written communication and analytical skills.
- Experience in working effectively in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting.
- Able to create, motivate and hold accountable a high performing team
- Highly organized, meticulous and reliable
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B), and we strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: BIPOC (black, indigenous, and other people of color), women and non-binary, LGBT+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender), individuals with disabilities, and other members of historically underrepresented groups.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org