Save the Children
Save the Children International is inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill the position of Servicing Field Coordinator. The Servicing Field Coordinator will be responsible for implementing field level sponsorship operations in line with set performance targets and SCI Sponsorship policies, procedures and standards. The job holder also supports community orientations and mobilization in line with sponsorship requirements. The post holder may be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Minimum of a Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Adult and Community Education or related field
- At least 2 years working experience at supervisory level in managing child sponsorship operations and development with proficiency in both English and local language a must.
- Must have experience in planning, monitoring and evaluating Sponsorship activities in the field.
- Thorough understanding of Save the Children working principles and approaches of Child Participation, Child Rights Programming, Partnership, Child Safeguarding, Zero Tolerance, Monitoring and Evaluation, Programme Integration etc.
- Demonstrable financial, planning and budget management skills a MUST. Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Demonstrated knowledge of international and local policies and frameworks relating to their thematic area is necessary.
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
Contract Duration: 3 Years
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description here Job description
Date advertised: 11 Jul 2022
Closing date: 17 Jul 2022 – 23:59 CAT
Location: Zomba, Malawi
Department: Programme Operations