Family Health Services
Family Health Services (FHS), formerly known as PSI Malawi, has partnered with the government of Malawi through the Ministry of Health (MoH) since 1994 in safeguarding the health of Malawians by using private sector approaches to reconfigure healthcare delivery – (i) through directly delivering innovative social and behavior change communications, social marketing, and social franchising across a wide range of health areas including Reproductive Health, HIV, Malaria and water-borne disease prevention (ii) by playing a market facilitation role, approaching market challenges and opportunities with a system-wide lens that unlocks a self-sustaining market with multiple players that can prioritize, adapt and ultimately thrive without external assistance and funds.
While a local organisation with deep roots in Malawi, Family Health Services is globally connected; mainly through affiliation to Population Service International (PSI), a Washington DC-based non-governmental and non-profit making organization that boasts a global network of members across over 50 countries through which FHS continues to leverage capacities, learnings, and best practice to enhance activities in Malawi. To accomplish its mission, FHS is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of Service Delivery Coordinator (VMMC).
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager the Service Delivery Coordinator shall coordinate VMMC service delivery activities of designated service provision teams in fixed, mobile and outreach sites to ensure efficient delivery of safe and quality services. Specifically, he/she will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities.
- Serve as a liaison to the program office, the service delivery team, the clients, and the Ministry of Health (MOH).
- Supervise the service delivery staff in designated sites and refer any HR and technical issues to the relevant office.
- Coordinate the project technical and logistic systems and procedures adherence by designated sites/teams, for effective and efficient support functions.
- Oversee teams’ monthly work plan development and activities implementation per approved budget.
- Prepare monthly VMMC service delivery budgets, monthly summary operations reports, and quarterly comprehensive performance reports for each team.
- Supervise and monitor the field activities’ financial expenditure by service delivery teams to ensure timely liquidation by team leads and compliance with the approved budget.
- Facilitate, coordinate, and write reports of VMMC meetings within geographical jurisdictions: the meetings include (but not limited to) monthly QA and operations meetings bringing service delivery teams together, quarterly joint FHS/MOH QA, and supervisions feedback meetings.
- Oversee QA, CQI, and support supervision activities in designated teams/sites. This includes ensuring quality improvement team (QIT) meetings take place and are led by team leads.
- Work together with the area mobilization team to ensure leverage, efficient coordination, and constant flow of clients to designated teams
- Provide leadership in enforcing teams’ compliance to project standard procedures, national quality standards, protocols, and guidelines including timely reporting and management of adverse events.
- Coordinate undisrupted commodities supply chain system to designated teams while ensuring proper stock control and stock take records are maintained at the site level. This includes working with team leads to prepare monthly team-based commodities consumption reports.
- Coordinate reparation and maintenance of equipment inventory records at designated sites including preparation of quarterly equipment maintenance reports.
- Coordinate the provision of VMMC services at the fixed and outreach facilities while promoting VMMC integration into the MOH mainstream for sustainability.
- Coordinate VMM counseling services among designated teams/sites to ensure 100% linkage and referral of all HIV-positive clients.
- Deliver VMMC tools to the teams and ensure teams are conducting proper and procedural paper-based and electronic data entry and reporting processes.
- Prepare regular leave schedules and roster for the VMMC surgical teams to ensure non-disruption of service delivery activities across the year.
- Coordinates the mapping of outreach sites before the outreach activities are conducted by designated teams
- Coordinate teams’ monthly QA review meetings and share the meeting notes monthly with the supervisor.
- Work with the QA and training team to ensure adequate training, and certification of all service providers in compliance with quality standards and procedures.
- Attend ad-hoc meetings with MOH, stakeholders, and other implementing partner
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Ability, and Skills
- Degree in clinical medicine or Nursing with at least three years experience in VMMC service provision activities coordination.
- Registered by a relevant regulatory body (Medical Council of Malawi/Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi
- Experience working with cooperating partners, the health public sector, NGOs, and the private sector.
- Knowledgeable with HIV/AIDS programming in Malawi
- Conversant with donor requirements and procedures
- Excellent communication (oral and written), facilitation & negotiation, and computer skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills to assist in solving difficult problems arising from the organization’s cultural diversity.
- Self-starter, effective team player with a verifiable result-oriented track record.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their electronic application letters and updated CVs with names and contact details of three traceable referees, indicating the job title in the subject line by 16th January 2023, to The Head of Human Resources, Family Health Services, Box 30132, Lilongwe through: firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy or, related medical conditions. Family Health Services maintains zero tolerance for child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitative acts or threats by our employees, consultants, volunteers, contractors, or anyone associated with the delivery of our programs and services, and takes seriously all complaints of misconduct brought to our attention.
Family Health Service has become aware of scams involving false job offers. Please be advised: Family Health Services will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process. All active jobs are advertised directly in the newspapers or on vetted career websites. Official FHS emails will always arrive from a @fhs.org email address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org