First Capital Bank
Applications are invited from knowledgeable, experienced, and skilled candidates to fill the position of Senior Treasury Dealer tenable at our Lilongwe Office.
Reporting to the Head of Treasury the successful candidate will maximise the bank’s profitability through foreign exchange and money market operations.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Responsible for trading on spot, forward exchange, swaps repos, promissory notes etc to drive Treasury revenues in line with the Bank’s strategy through competitive pricing.
- Driving wholesale term deposit business if need be, and making sure that all internal, regulatory and liquidity requirements are adhered to at all times.
- Provide input for trading in Money Market and foreign exchange strategy, budget formulation and implement in line with the Bank’s overall strategy to ensure that the Bank optimizes on Money Market and foreign exchange Management.
- Responsible for strict adherence of all Dealing procedures, policies, trading limits and system controls in line with ALCO and Reserve Bank requirements.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of key treasury risks like Counter-party risk, Liquidity risk, Interest rate risk, Country risk and Economic risk in line with ALCO and RBM requirements.
- Thorough understanding of foreign exchange markets.
- Good communication and inter- personal skills.
- Integrity, ablity to handle pressure.
- Excellent negotiation and problem skills.
- Team player.
- Speedy and accurate decisions regarding forex purchases or sales.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in numerical discipline like Finance, Business Administration, Economics or equivalent.
- An ACI Dealing certificate is a must.
- At least 5 years experience in Treasury function.
- At least 1 year experience in sales.
Method Of Application
If you meet the above minimum requirements and are interested, please send your applications with an up-dated CV to: FirstCapitalBank.Vacancies@firstcapitalbank.co.mw
Applications that do not follow this path will not be considered. The closing date for receiving applications is 30th October 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants shall be acknowledged