Chemonics International Inc.
Chemonics International Inc, a U.S. based international development consulting firm, seeks the following long-term positions for the USAID Next Generation Early Grade Reading Activity (NextGen) in Malawi. The $75 million activity aims to solidify and build on the contributions made to date as part of the implementation of Malawi’s National Reading Program (NRP) towards improving the delivery of high-quality early primary reading instruction in all Malawian primary schools. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
To apply for any of the below positions, please submit a CV and application and select your position of interest on the form. Please submit your application as soon as possible, as candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
We are currently seeking qualified professionals for the following positions:
Chemonics International Inc, a U.S. based international development consulting firm, seeks a Senior Systems Strengthening Specialist for the USAID Next Generation Early Grade Reading Activity (NextGen) in Malawi. The $75 million activity aims to solidify and build on the contributions made to date as part of the implementation of Malawi’s National Reading Program (NRP) towards improving the delivery of high-quality early primary reading instruction in all Malawian primary schools. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of Malawi’s lower primary students.
This is a long-term position that will be based in Lilongwe, Malawi.
• Help design efforts to build institutional capacity at the various levels of the basic education system to improve management of instruction in the early grades.
• Identify and provide support to strengthen the government of Malawi’s ability to deliver early grade reading services to Standard 1 and 2 learners.
• Liaise and actively coordinate with key stakeholders from the central Ministry of Education to district education officials, district councils, school management committees, and parent/teacher associations to strengthen institutional capacity and stakeholder engagement.
• Liaise and coordinate with other regional team members to ensure regional and divisional coordination of NextGen activities
• Develop and provide presentations to a range of stakeholders using appropriate tools
• Assist in the collection of monitoring data related to education management of early grade reading delivery
• Represent NextGen in meetings and events at the regional and district level.
• An advanced degree in education or related field; A degree in education policy, planning, curriculum development or reading instruction preferred.
• At least 8 years of experience in technical direction of international programs that work specifically to improve early grade learning.
• Prior experience working with communities, government and other donors to support improved reading is preferred.
• Proven experience building relationships and facilitating learning about how to improve project work preferred.
• Demonstrated excellence in a management position required, including direct supervision and evaluation of professional staff/consultants and management and oversight of multiple concurrent project activities and deliverables.
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
• Experience with a USAID-funded project preferred
• Written and spoken proficiency in English and Chichewa required.
To apply for this job please visit app.smartsheet.com.