Cardno International Development
Project TitleSenior Procurement Specialist
SummaryThe Senior Procurement Specialist will plan, manage, execute, and coordinate tasks related to the procurement of goods, services, and civil works.
- 10 years of experience working as a procurement professional
- Extensive knowledge of international development partner institutions’ procurement guidelines and procedures
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices in procurement procedures, and in project and contract management
- Experience and demonstrated ability in the development of procurement documents, i.e. bidding documents, evaluation reports, contracts, etc.
- Prior experience conducting procurements and contract administration of civil works. Prior experience with FIDIC-based work contracts
- Experience working on one or more of the following donors funded project: the World Bank, African Development Bank, USAID or MCC
- Experience working on projects dealing with transport, access to markets, and land reform, is desirable
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with high-level government officials
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in procurement, business, law, economics, finance, or public administration. Professional procurement qualifications or equivalent training is an added advantage. Registered Member of the Malawi Institute of Procurement and Supply (MIPS)
- Fluency in English – reading, writing, and speaking
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint. Prior experience with SAP system is an added advantage.
Method Of Application
To apply for any of the above positions, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the applicable position title and Malawi in the Subject line (for example, Procurement Specialist – Malawi). Deadline for submitting application is August 25, 2022. Cardno International Development, A DT Global Company has partnered with governments, communities, and the private sector to deliver results for sustainable, empowered, and inclusive development.