Right To Care
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Senior M&E Manager will provide technical assistance, strategic guidance and coordinate monitoring, evaluation (M&E) and reporting systems for the Right to Care Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control Programme.
Overall objective of job
To enhance M&E capacity among Right to Care and Malawi Ministry of Health (MOH). To ensure implementation of M&E systems for accountability, planning and strengthen service delivery. The Senior M&E Manager is responsible for routine programme monitoring, programme evaluation, data quality and coordination of reporting systems for the Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control Programme.
Required minimum education
• Advanced degree in public health, social sciences, behavioural sciences, or related field
• Background in research and/or other data management field
• Experience in working with US government or other bilateral donors, specifically PEPFAR/CDC.
• Ability to conduct data analysis (both quantitative and qualitative)
• Must be computer literate and must be able to use Windows, MS Office, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as statistical analytical package such as STATA, SPSS etc.
• Knowledge of HIV/AIDS
• Proficiency in English
Required minimum experience
• At least 5 years’ experience in programme monitoring and evaluation, managing HIV/AIDS-related data, including data verification / quality assurance/Data and/or programme analysis/
• Experience in managing staff and mentoring M&E staff
• Experience in training / facilitation of development and implementation of M&E systems
• Experience in MOH and PEPFAR reporting on DATIM
Required personal attributes
• Attention to detail
• Aptitude for, and interest in, numbers
• Interpersonal skills
• Time management
• Logical thinking
• Analytical thinking
• Strategic vision
• Able to work independently
• Willing to travel nationally and more specifically in the districts of programme implementation (20-40% of the time); including relocating and be based in Mzuzu in the Northern Region