Central Medical Stores Trust (CMST)
The Central Medical Stores Trust (CMST) is responsible for procurement, warehousing, sales and distribution of quality medicines and medical supplies to all public health facilities in Malawi. To effectively meet its mandate, the CMST seeks to fill vacant positions, with persons with strong proven passion for good corporate governance, a high measure of tested financial and moral integrity and free from past convictions by a court of law of criminal offences as follows:
POSITION TITLE : SENIOR LOGISTICS OFFICER
GRADE : MS4
REPORTING TO : DISTRIBUTION MANAGER (MS3)
LOCATION : LILONGWE
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for managing and coordinating, logistics and distribution functions at the warehouse and producing reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyse pipeline information and translating it into requirement on warehousing and distribution space;
• Liaising with procurement on supplier delivery schedules to warehouses CMST;
Developing national distribution plans in collaboration with pharmacists;
Managing distribution fleet and fuel;
Managing supply chain documentation and stock status tracking in receipt, warehousing and dispatch;
• Integrating of parallel supply chains and coordinating with Ministry of Health and relevant stakeholders on warehousing and distribution of program commodities;
• Producing monthly reports to DPO, Partners and Stakeholders on stock and distribution status;
- Coordinating with finance and procurement in costing of received, warehoused and distributed stakeholders commodities;
- Ensuring receipt vouchers are approved for onward processing by procurement;
- Managing logistics project and outsourced contracts.
- Capable of making decisions that positively impact on the department and CMST as a whole;
- Capable of prioritising workloads and meeting deadlines;
- Team builder and a team player;
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
A degree in Business Administration, Warehouse Management, Pharmacy, Logistics and Supply Chain or relevant degree. A Masters’ degree in any of the above relevant degree shall be an added advantage.
Experience and Skills:
- Five years progressive experience working in warehouse management, of which at least three years must have been spent in a progressive and responsible position preferably with health systems and logistics management at the national and local level.
- Ability to handle several tasks at the same time, set priorities and work independently.
- Ability to interact at high level with clients /partners and stakeholders; In depth knowledge of warehouse management software.
- Ability to facilitate a collaborative approach to enhance supply chain management system, including the promotion of a sustainable commodity security strategy.
- Understanding of International Standards of Quality Management Systems.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualifying individuals should submit their applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs), copies of certificates and names of three traceable referees, envelopes to be clearly marked “VACANCY FOR CMST – POSITION BEING APPLIED FOR to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Central Medical Stores Trust
Opposite Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS)- School of Nursing
Private Bag 55,
not later than 16H00 on 31st August, 2022
CMST is an equal opportunity employer although only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged <br and may be invited for interviews.