Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) Malawi is a locally registered NGO that has been operating in Malawi since 1995. Our mission is to work with the communities by promoting social and economic development through health, education training, food security and environmental programs. Our work in development is guided by social cohesion and respect for humanity, implemented through innovative and cost-effective programs. Through a variety of development models, DAPP complements the government’s effort in implementing the Malawi Growth and Development Strategy.
DAPP Malawi is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for various positions for the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) funded project which is to be implemented in Blantyre and Chiradzulu districts aiming at strengthening access to high quality and comprehensive services targeting adolescent and young people through Determined, Resilient, AIDS-Free Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) Program under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), a project called “Loto Langa” or “LoLa” in short.
The program includes several layers of interventions including Direct service delivery of HIV Testing and Family planning and condom promotion and distribution to for adolescent girls and young women (AGYW), Social asset building and HIV Violence prevention of AGYW, Economic strengthening and educational support, Families Matter Program and Implementing the IMPower Program.
Position: Senior Health Promoters (7 posts)
Reports to District Coordinator
The Senior Health Promoter will lead and supervise the work of Health Promoter in planning and implementation of the DREAMS Package & Models in the communities surrounding the targeted Health Facilities. The supervisor will work with key stakeholders, local, traditional and faith leaders in all communities surrounding targeted health facilities (FHs) on issues related to DREAMS project activities.
Key Performance Areas
The Senior Health Promoter is expected to do the following tasks, not limited to planning, reporting, coordination, collaboration, supervision and implementation through;
- Providing day to day leadership of DREAMS Lola project implementation by Community cadres surrounding the targeted Health Facilities.
- Coordinating and managing project operations in collaboration with LoLa Clinical Program Supervisor and Linkage Nurses
- Overseeing that project implementation adheres to donor agreement and expectations, timely and high-quality results, expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, suggest appropriate program adjustment and develop project improvement plans
- Actively participating in district meetings and secure that the project is well represented in key District Meetings.
- Ensuring the implementation of program activities within the guidelines and policies of DAPP Malawi.
- Supervising the work of the Health Promoters and make proper shifts when need arise
Qualification and Experience
- Applicants should have a minimum of Diploma in Public Health/Community Development or its equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience in related field.
- Those who successfully worked with DREAMS / HTS/AGYW/YFHS Projects will have added advantage.
- Hands on type of a person, team player and builder able to coordinate activities in complex environment.
- Ability to mentor juniors and knowledgeable of putting into practice participatory methodologies.
- Experienced organiser, communicator, trainer and facilitator.
- Ability to translate plans into practice, monitor and evaluating progress using designated tools
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision, at all times.
- Ability to accept delegated tasks/work and ready to work during odd hours and to any assigned district towards the attainment of program objectives and deliverables
- The Senior Health Promoter has to demonstrate ability to work in complex environments and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including a good track record of report writing
- Ready to start work at short notice
Method Of Application
The Human Resources Manager,
PO Box 2732
please send your application including a job application letter, a full CV and 3 references in English to
no later than 26th of October 2022. Candidate applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.