World Vision Malawi
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. It is an international partnership of Christians whose mission is to follow our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God. It is a child focused organization and its goal is sustained wellbeing of (150 million) children within families and communities especially the most vulnerable.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for employment with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
World Vision International in Malawi therefore is currently looking for dedicated professional Christians to fill related vacant post that exist in the Global Fund Malaria, HIV/TB Grant as per below details. If you are passionate about child wellbeing and you are considering a career with a calling, we would love to talk to you.
SENIOR GRANTS FINANCE OFFICER-Accounting (GRADE 15) 1 Position based in Lilongwe District
Purpose of Position
The Senior Grants Finance Officer is responsible for overall budget monitoring and compliance oversight of the Global Fund grant and all related sub-grantee/sub-contractors. She/he oversees the design and implementation of strong internal controls and appropriate financial reporting procedures/policies to minimize/manage risks associated with grant implementation, safeguard Global Fund’s resource s, achieve consistent compliance with Global Fund grant agreement, approved work plan/budget, Global Fund policies and guidelines, as well as WV International policies and procedures.
I. Cash Management
- To ensure the preparation of cash analysis reports to support decision making
- Ensure the consolidation of funding requests
- Monthly Reconciliation and management of petty cash and Fuel floats, advances and Bank reconciliations done on time.
ii. Financial Accounting and Compliance
- Ensures that approved budgets are uploaded in SUN Systems. Documents are checked and reviewed for accuracy and completeness
- Ensures that the Finance reports are Printed and filed.
- Ensuring that data is timely posted to the ledger To ensure that the Payment-run is carried out on time in SUN systems.
- Ensures Monitoring and submit statutory returns to relevant bodies/institutions
- Ensures that Prepayments and individual staff statements of advance account monthly are produced and circulated.
- Supplier payments and advances disbursed within 48 hours Monthly financial transactions (staff advances, petty cash, etc.) held in Sun reviewed
- Conducts Account allocation of all Balance Sheet monthly data in the system
- Monthly Provision Invoice Processing issues closed and Invoices are sent on time
- Reviewing requisitions in Provision
- Reduction of Provision Invoice Processing Issues 100% of monthly financial documents filed
- 100% of monthly WHT deductions paid to MRA
- Timely Review of Requests in Concur-Gems, Review of GCVs, Data Validation before Posting
- Reviews Journals-GJV/IVL (Advances/Mobile Money), Data Validation before Posting
Knowledge, qualification and experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or International Business Management
- 3+ years of solid experience in financial management and monitoring systems, preferably of large development programs, possibly complemented by academic expertise;
- Must be able to work with multiple deadlines and high demands Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with absolute discretion
- Excellent financial and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on programme financial performance;
- Ability to manage a financial/monitoring team and demonstrate leadership;
- Ability to monitor and evaluate financial and monitoring skills of communities through capacity-building efforts;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility; Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and governmental requirements;
- Excellent command of Excel and accounting packages those with Sun System experience will have an added advantage
Method Of Application
All interested applicants should send a cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to: email@example.com not later than 13th January, 2023. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
World Vision Malawi does not use agents, nor solicit any form of payments for any application, training, interviewing, testing or any fees in connection with this recruitment. Report any acts of solicitation for payment and/or extortion to World Vision Malawi on the following: Tip offs Toll Free Line 847; inform firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com