Southern Region Water Board
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions tenable at various establishments of Southern Region Water Board.
SENIOR FINANCIAL AND REVENUE ACCOUNTANT
Candidates should have a Bachelor of Accountancy/Finance/Business Administration from a recognised institution and professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, CA plus at least 4 years practical experience at Accountant level.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Senior Financial and Revenue Accountant will provide financial and revenue accounting services. S/he will be responsible for:
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement and efficiencies; Providing support and guidance to Accountants;
- Preparing bank reconciliation statements and relevant control accounts reconciliations;
- Preparing budgets and investigating of errors and variance analysis;
- Verifying, allocating posting and reconciliation of the accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Producing error-free accounting records and presenting their results;
- Analysing financial data for preparation of financial records and forecasting budgets;
- Implementing a system of accounting and financial controls that comply with Public Finance Management policies and standards and financial regulations;
- Developing and implementing debt and revenue collection strategies for the Board;
- Maintaining the credit and general ledgers as required by the Board;
- Maintaining revenue accounting processes in the Board and advising on any deviations and overruns;
- Developing measures to address cash-flow deficits;
- Implementing debt collection programmes to ensure that debtors are identified and approached;
- Maintaining comprehensive financial filling system;
- Preparing and submitting reports including periodic reports such as monthly, quarterly and annual reports; and
- Demonstrating outstanding commitment to service delivery programs of the Board by personally identifying and reporting water bursts/leakages to customer care Division of which verifiable repair records shall be tendered to be used as one of the components for assessment during one’s performance appraisal time.
The successful candidate shall possess good leadership, interpersonal, communication skills; have practical and theoretical knowledge of various accounting and financial software; should be able to make sound decisions, work independently, keep dean records, solve problems, multitask, and determine revenue treatment for multiple element arrangement and having excellent knowledge and ability to adhere to all Standard Financial Rules and Regulations.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The Southern Region Water Board offers an attractive package; a contributory pension scheme; and a contributory medical scheme among other benefits.
Method Of Application
Applications with full Curriculum Vitae, contact phones and addresses of three traceable referees must be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Southern Region Water Board
Private Bag 72
OR submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receiving applications is on 5th May, 2023
Please indicate on top of the envelope, the position you are applying for.