Malawi Revenue Authority (MRA)
Grade : D1
Organisational Unit : Internal Affairs
Reporting To : Manager, Ethics & Prevention
Duty Station : Head Office
Job Type : Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting ethics gap analysis and providing guidance on mitigating the Authority’s vulnerability to corruption and fraud.
- Developing policies and proactively examining operational processes/procedures aimed at prevention of corruption, fraud and revenue leakages
- Participating in the implementation of the Ethics and Prevention Business Plan
- Managing ethics and integrity processes within the Authority
- Coordinating the implementation of robust professional ethics programs
- Developing tailor-made ethics trainings for staff members
- Ensuring that employees are adequately trained on ethics and integrity in order to perform their daily responsibilities
- Managing performance of the staff supervised.
Education and Experience
Applicants should have the following qualifications and work experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Ethics, Public Administration, Political Science or any other related field.
- Five years’ work experience in similar functions
- Attributes and Competencies
- Basic knowledge of the Customs and Domestic taxes legislation
- Ability to lead and supervise a team
- Hands on experience in policy and strategy review and formulation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Application of good judgment and decision making
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with stress effectively
- Ability to work beyond normal working hours
- Possessing good analytical skills
- High level of integrity and professionalism
Successful candidates before being appointed will undergo an extensive background check of their integrity. Only when the vetting exercise is favourable shall the Authority make the appointment
Method Of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application through MRA recruitment portal:https://careers.mra.mw
Closing date for receiving applications is Tuesday, 6th February, 2023.