UNC Project Malawi
SENIOR DATA OFFICER
The ideal candidate should demonstrate a profound understanding of database design and management principles and computer programming. The Senior Data Officer will be responsible for overseeing the functionality and efficiency of the data collection process, ensuring secure storage of all data, and maintaining and sharing timely progress reports.
Specific duties /Responsibilities
- Serves as team lead for electronic data capture systems.
- Lead the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics, with the goal of ensuring data quality.
- Address clinical data-related problems regarding systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration.
- Design, implement and maintain database objects (tables, views, indexes, etc.) and database security.
- Troubleshoot performance reliability issues and investigate anomalous behaviour in the Database environment.
- Ensure data systems are organized and secured, while making information available to those who need access.
- Provide data system training and support.
- Build reports and create dashboards.
- Develop and implement procedures for effective data collection and management.
- Write and edit queries that read and manipulate data from relational databases
- Interact effectively (verbally, written, etc.) with users to ensure delivery and use of application is consistent with agreed upon project goals.
Research Policies, Ethics and Procedures
- With Study PIs, ensure best practices pertaining to study data collection, quality assurance, integrity, confidentiality, analysis, and participant confidentiality.
- Promotes best practices for study data collection, management, and archiving.
- Maintains safety and confidentiality of study documents and data.
- Maintains awareness of and expertise in developments related to information security and data protection, including maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation and associated information.
- Abide by organizational policies, practices, and working principles.
- Keeps, tracks versions, reviews and understands all essential documents of the assigned study.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology from an accredited institution.
- Advanced knowledge in statistics/biostatistics is an added advantage.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated 4 years of experience in database design and management, data modelling, and data aggregation.
- Proficient with web applications for building and managing online surveys and databases such as REDCap, ODK, or COMMCARE.
- Advanced skills in using SQL, Microsoft Excel, R programming, and other statistical and data visualization tools such as Stata or Tableau.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint.
- Experience in using data transformation and data preparation applications such as Power Automate, Power Apps, Forms, or Power Query.
Method Of Application
Please send your applications via email to:
The Country Director
Deadline for receiving applications:
Thursday, November 2, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.